RFU stands firm over training camps amid calls to ease up following injuries to Anthony Watson and Sam Jones
The fall-out from England’s damaging training camp in Brighton rumbled on as the RFU stood firm in the face of calls from leading clubs for their players to have a lighter workload at future gatherings.
Serious injuries to Bath wing Anthony Watson (broken jaw) and Wasps flanker Sam Jones (broken leg) prompted claims by Premiership Rugby that they were concerned about the intensity of the sessions conducted by the national coaches.
The camp was part of a new agreement between the clubs and the union, allowing Eddie Jones and his assistants more time with their squad in return for increased... read more
- 07:15 Sparkling performance sees Joanne Clifton top the leader board for...
- 07:15 What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit Hull?
- 07:15 Cleethorpes Beer Festival proves a tasty day out - pictures
- 07:15 'We were fined at the Tesco St Stephen's car park'
- 07:15 Drone footage shows how the birds view Haile Sands Fort
- 07:15 Cocktail maker preparing to shake things up in Russia!
- 07:15 Crime hotspots: Latest figures reveal the top offences where you live
- 07:15 Revealed: Full cost of fly-tipping to taxpayers in Grimsby area...
- 07:13 Black Friday is back - when is this year's major sale event?
- 07:12 FARMING MATTERS: Self sufficient farmers wives
- 07:12 Lewis White and Adam Peaty are guests of honour as Derbyshire...
- 07:11 Councillor pledges to reverse any changes to taxi licensing if...
- 07:10 How Manchester United should line up vs Chelsea
- 07:10 How Man City should line up vs Southampton
- 07:10 With people out of work or suffering wage cuts this should be...
- 07:10 Blasts injure people in Japanese city
- 07:07 Big charity total raised by store staff
- 07:05 This test will determine just how much control your cat has over you
- 07:05 12 people on the quickest ways they’ve seen their friends mess up...
- 07:04 Opium crops spread in Afghanistan as Taliban gains ground, U.N. says
- 07:04 Ecuador’s Yasuni park: where oil vies with tourism for the rainforest
- 07:01 ScotRail goes from bad to worse despite promises from Abellio to...
- 06:57 Three quarters of parents think mobiles have negative effect on...
- 06:57 Migraine sufferers ‘should avoid processed meats and leafy greens’
- 06:57 BUSINESS EYE: Not our finest hour...
- 06:57 Center Parcs backs Tommy’s Super Sibling Award 2017
- 06:55 Lincolnshire Trading Standards warning over fireworks being...
- 06:42 Family of woman feared beaten to death in Israel smeared by Police...
- 06:47 Give A Pet A Home: Dogs at Animal Lifeline in need of homes
- 06:42 Police hunt murder suspects on the run with missing mum Farrah Fadli