RFL chief Nigel Wood vows to stamp out hooliganism as Salford relegate Hull KR
After an incredible finish saw Gareth O’Brien land a drop-goal in extra-time to seal a 19-18 polden point victory for the Red Devils, tensions boiled over as rival fans clashed.
The end of Rovers’ decade-long stay in the Super League means their players are now free agents with demotion to the Championship making their contracts null and void.
Wood admitted the concept of the Million Pound Game, introduced last year under the game’s new structure, was wrought with danger for the relegated side.
But he admitted there was no justification for the violence which left many fans fearing for... read more
- 12:57 Birmingham City attacker Diego Fabbrini nearing a return to his...
- 12:57 Sunderland defender charged over alleged punch on West Brom's...
- 12:57 Rotheram: 'I'll slash Tunnel tolls to £1 for regular commuters'
- 12:57 Brake welcomes police crackdown on drivers using mobiles
- 12:56 ‘Salt and ice challenge ‘ can cause burns and scars, pupils warned
- 12:56 Severe PMS has been linked to a parasite carried by cats
- 12:56 Hartlepool youngsters get inspired during science week
- 12:56 Ladies’ rugby is taking off in Hartlepool
- 12:55 Noughties R&B queen Ashanti cancels Rock City gig just four days...
- 12:55 More than 1,000 jobs planned for regeneration of Thoresby Colliery
- 12:55 Police looking to identify two teenagers suspected of arson
- 12:55 Nintendo Classic NES games: Has a big new secret been discovered?
- 12:54 Five things we learned from the Trainspotting 2 world premiere
- 12:54 Former Arsenal and Tottenham star Sol Campbell: Hopefully Chelsea...
- 12:54 Which Premier League team has scored the most late goals this season?
- 12:54 Watch the ‘punch’ that could land this Premier League player a...
- 12:54 Guillem Balague provides major Antoine Griezmann update: Man United...
- 12:54 The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons has some advice for the Sheldon...
- 12:54 Chelsea trio visit Hull star Ryan Mason in hospital after he...
- 12:54 Derby expert says 'hard Brexit' will mean more firms going bust
- 12:53 Futures fall on Trump's protectionist address
- 12:53 Market Rasen and Louth RFC whitewash Old Scouts
- 12:53 Rape ruling footballer David Robertson retires from the sport
- 12:52 Boozed-up man is ordered to pay £613 after abusing police officer
- 12:52 Pound eyes $1.25 as traders bet British government to lose Brexit case
- 12:51 Did you see schoolboy, 14, being hit in the face in Stafford?
- 12:51 Rafael Nadal battles past Gael Monfils to set up Australian Open...
- 12:51 Crash on Bay Gateway junction
- 12:50 Pound hits one-month HIGH against dollar investors 'lose patience'...
- 12:50 How happy are people in your part of Derbyshire?