REVIEW: The Ladykillers, Dewsbury Artspace
0 Have your say The wistful Ealing Comedy film The Ladykillers as re-imagined by Graham Linehan (Father Ted, Black Books) has played to packed houses this week at Dewsbury Arts Group’s Artspace.
Mrs Wilberforce, a gentle old lady played to subtle perfection by Carol Ward, lets her upstairs room to “Professor” Marcus (an unnerving Richard Brook) and his four criminal associates who pose as a string quartet.
The briskly military Mark Bailey as the colonel, the engaging Iain Winstanley as the teddy boy, the comically pitch perfect Tony Fox as the Dullard and the studied menace of Ben Telford... read more
- 16:05 Wrexham AFC striker Izale McLeod delighted to open his Dragons account
- 16:04 Lindley clock tower to be illuminated 115 years after it was built
- 16:04 Abandoned vehicle causing delays on M1
- 16:03 Naked female cleaners wanted to clean houses in Warwickshire...
- 16:03 Horncastle Town Council defends 20.42 per cent hike in tax bills
- 16:03 Ulverston Town Council gears up to bring in 20mph zone
- 16:03 Rhyl FC announce new young signing...and this one's only three days...
- 16:02 Chesterfield campaigners to build a ‘wall’ to mark Donald Trump’s...
- 16:02 Zimbabwe pastor in court over Mugabe death prophecy
- 16:02 Is YOUR job stressful? You're at higher risk of 5 forms of cancer...
- 16:02 Ambulances in Sweden can now block car radios: Trial system...
- 16:01 Manchester United’s Phil Jones explains success of Marcos...
- 16:01 Dad did the donkey work for our success
- 16:01 Derbyshire pharmaceuticals firm planning 'hundreds' of redundancies
- 16:01 You’re hired! Apprentices come to rescue of vandalised garden
- 16:00 Sick of people parking in front of your house? This is what the law...
- 16:00 Pupil’s business in frame
- 16:00 Body of missing woman found stuffed inside abandoned suitcase
- 16:00 20 reasons Barack Obama is the coolest US President of ALL time
- 16:00 Major Louth employer Luxus Ltd celebrates €1.4 million project
- 15:59 Lincolnshire ‘bucks the trend’ with latest employment figures
- 15:59 Ahead in the clouds – tech is reshaping the way we live
- 15:59 Seven unusual and idyllic cottages in Scotland
- 15:59 Sports partnership aims to break down barriers
- 15:59 Adlington pensioner, 81, almost cheated out of £2,500
- 15:59 Councillors’ plea to health bosses to ‘tell it like it is’
- 15:57 Bigger bill for key hospital as rates rise
- 15:57 Opera review: Written On Skin at the Royal Opera House
- 15:57 Ayr Rugby Club set sights on catching Melrose after clinching place...
- 15:56 Australian Open: Dan Evans hoping to put past demons behind him...