Review of killings reveals mental health trust failings
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust has already apologised for its role in the lead up to the death of Donald Lock, who was stabbed 39 times on the A24 in Findon in July 2015.
But a new independent review has found the trust did not always learn fully from previous mistakes and sometimes "severely underestimated" the risk posed by mental health patients.
It also failed to include the views of families, some of whom pleaded for help, and did not always send people with signs of psychosis to specialist services.
Commissioned by the trust and NHS England, the review analysed... read more
- 09:24 WEEKEND WEB: Spalding Sea Scouts pictured back in 1968
- 09:23 Expect more snow, sleet and ice this weekend as temperatures dip...
- 09:22 South Kesteven boosted by third phase of county broadband programme
- 09:22 Grantham autism support group given generous donation by firm
- 09:22 Youngstars: Hartlepool United Under 16s going for glory in National...
- 09:22 Bradford Cricket League’s Priestley Shield is re-drawn
- 09:21 Reveller broke pub windows after a dispute
- 09:19 Man jailed for 22 years for child rape in Nottinghamshire in 1970s
- 09:19 Man taken to hospital as car and van crash in freezing weather
- 09:18 Prime Minister’s response to question on Hartlepool’s hospital was...
- 09:18 Hartlepool backs festive Walking Home for Christmas campaign
- 09:18 Danger driver led police on 80mph chase
- 09:18 League tables put Hartlepool school in top ten
- 09:18 Police look to CCTV to identify Wesley arsonists
- 09:18 Boy, 14, accidentally drains mum’s entire bank account playing FIFA
- 09:17 Boxer Amir Khan to celebrate birthday in Digbeth – with pregnant wife
- 09:16 Appeal after theft of number plate
- 09:14 Arbroath receive big fitness boost ahead of game at Alloa
- 09:15 Jeff Brazier’s fiancé Kate Dwyer posts first family snap as she...
- 09:14 Dundee United’s Tam Scobbie comes up against in-form strike...
- 09:14 St Johnstone head to Ibrox without Murray Davidson
- 09:14 East Fife work on plans to thwart table-topping Ayr United
- 09:15 Premier League predictions: Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd win,...
- 09:14 Raith Rovers look to extend 100% home record
- 09:15 Newcastle United exclusive: Rafa Benitez has overachieved with...
- 09:14 Montrose looking for Elgin City revenge
- 09:14 Dundee’s Paul McGowan hoping to make amends for Hearts ‘blip’...
- 09:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Exposé into West Yorkshire Combined...
- 09:14 Dundee boss looking for players to right a lot of wrongs
- 09:14 Experienced duo available for Forfar