REVIEW: Michael Morpurgo's King Arthur at New Theatre Royal
The New Theatre Royal reopened last night (October 17) with a wonderful version of Michael Morpurgo's best-selling novel, King Arthur.
READ MORE: First show officially launching New Theatre Royal Lincoln opens tonight
With the fresh lick of paint only just dried on the theatre walls, after new management took over earlier this year, there could have been a risk of a lack of slickness on the first night of their inaugural season of shows, but the performances of the theatre staff and cast were all to perfection.
Adapted by Story Pocket Theatre company, the play focuses on a young boy having... read more
- 08:25 National Pet Month: Why dogs, their waggy tail and friendly woof...
- 08:25 Lloyds details steps to help boost business growth
- 08:24 NASA captures incredible image of Earth from 870 million miles away
- 08:24 Two young adults hospitalised after car found on its side in a field
- 08:23 Sergio Ramos complains about 'excessive' red card for tackle on...
- 08:23 Barcelona boss Luis Enrique reveals the special Lionel Messi tactic...
- 08:23 Harry Redknapp: This is what pleased me about Birmingham's defeat...
- 08:23 Pound Sterling Latest: Euro roller coaster ride as France election...
- 08:22 Named and shamed: Who's been in Derbyshire's courts?
- 08:22 Incredible images of Northern Lights captured by photographer in...
- 08:22 Man faked terror plot to get out of holiday with his girlfriend
- 08:21 TOWIE star Ferne McCann's boyfriend Arthur Collins Tasered by...
- 08:21 Jimmy Choo on the market amid strategic review
- 08:21 Union warns of impact of Brexit on workers' rights
- 08:21 Lawyers facing tribunal over claims of torture by UK troops
- 08:21 Royal seal of approval for steam engine restored after vandalism
- 08:21 Main road in Cumbria blocked by HGV
- 08:21 Rangers defender James Tavernier points the finger at Don Robertson...
- 08:21 Consultants preparing report on future of 4,000 council houses...
- 08:20 Afghan defence chiefs resign over deadly Taliban attack
- 08:19 Primary school forced to close after travellers arrive on land
- 08:19 Rat alert on duck pond near school
- 08:19 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 08:19 Man critical in hospital after being hit on the head by 'falling rock'
- 08:18 EXCLUSIVE: Tories rebel against ‘Ruth tax’ imposed on councillors
- 08:16 Great British banger to be celebrated in style at Cumbrian castle
- 08:16 Incredible images of Northern Lights captured by photographer in...
- 08:16 'Evil' pensioner faces dying in prison for horrific sex offences
- 08:16 Controversial £141m Haydock logistics park plans unveiled
- 08:15 Tories urged to give Scotland control of immigration after Brexit