Revealed: Zika's life-threatening birth defects you DIDN'T know about
The mosquito-borne Zika virus can lead to extensive birth defects that go beyond microcephaly, a Brazilian study suggests.
Researchers studied 11 babies diagnosed with Zika and found they had a range of neurological impairments including small skulls and brains.
Many also had an underdeveloped cerebellum, the part of the brain responsible for motor skills, and an absence of normal folds in the cerebral cortex, the gray matter that handles memory, language, social skills and problem solving.
'Microcephaly is not the only thing that happens with fetal Zika infection,' said senior study author... read more
- 00:13 What is the acceptable amount to give your children for passing...
- 00:13 Do universities actually look at your GCSE results?
- 00:13 What does it feel like to fail your GCSEs? Let me tell you
- 00:13 What to do if you need to retake your GCSE exams
- 00:11 Virgil Van Dijk met Chelsea without permission before telling...
- 00:11 Arsenal will only intensify Julian Draxler interest if Alexis...
- 00:10 Firefighters battle huge 'suspicious' blaze at Poundland in east...
- 00:10 South Africa: Miners’ union hits out after thugs firebomb homes
- 00:10 UK car production revs up in July
- 00:10 China and Russia denounce US over unilateral sanctions
- 00:10 Food industry warns of Brexit workforce shortage
- 00:10 Rubber bullets fired at Trump rally protesters
- 00:10 Northern transport summit ‘is a fraud’
- 00:10 Argos landed in court over ‘illegal scabbing’
- 00:06 WBC announce creation of ‘Money’ belt for Floyd Mayweather vs...
- 00:06 Ex-England captain Paul Collingwood offered £75k to play for Andy...
- 00:05 High blood pressure: Lowering your reading to THIS could protect...
- 00:05 IBS warning: Bloating and stomach pain could actually be too much...
- 00:05 Dementia risk: Three drinks that could PREVENT memory loss
- 00:05 Concern over 'rapid' rise of drink and drug abuse among the over-50s
- 00:00 Denmark: Torso’s DNA matches that of missing journalist
- 00:00 Yemen: Scores die in air strikes by Saudi forces
- 00:00 South Korea: Seoul shuns US calls for trade revision
- 00:00 CWU joins Momentum’s bid to deliver Tory losses
- 00:00 Tory MP slammed for racism
- 00:00 Finsbury Park Mosque: Victims of van attack still in hospital
- 00:00 Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 2: New reveal confirms Black Manta date...
- 23:59 Game Of Thrones season 7: New finale pictures tease tension between...
- 23:50 HIV/AIDS is no longer the leading cause of death in Africa, WHO...
- 23:50 McDonald's to cut antibiotics from chicken supply worldwide by 2018...