REVEALED: Why flight times are getting longer despite huge advances in aviation technology
Aviation has made mind-blowing progress over decades gone by.
There are more planes in the skies over the entire planet than ever before.
But despite monumental advances in technology, flights are slower now than they were half a century ago.
A flight from New York to Houston, Texas, took just two hours and 37 minutes in 1973.
But today the same flight takes three hours and 50 minutes.
London to Edinburgh takes 10 minutes longer, on average, than it did in the 1990s.
Madrid to Barcelona takes an extra 20 minutes, while New York to Chicago takes 50 minutes longer.
The main reason why... read more
- 16:41 Attacker raped stranger in her own home before defecating on her...
- 16:41 VIDEO: Sir Vince Cable urges firms to back £1m Weston Park Cancer...
- 16:40 Christopher Plummer blasts pay gap on All The Money In The World
- 16:40 It’s time to talk about facials – the kind that involve semen
- 16:40 Pep Guardiola subjected to bizarre Spanish police check as it is...
- 16:40 Bassetlaw drink driver crashed into railings in Mansfield
- 16:39 Alastair Campbell: Misguided Lords will damage real local journalism
- 16:37 Man Utd and Chelsea suffer transfer blow over Juventus target Alex...
- 16:37 Report estimates 700 grooming victims in Northumbria Police area
- 16:37 Borders boozer’s bungled beer-swilling bid a smash hit online
- 16:37 Ed Sheeran teases what song he and Cherry Seaborn will have their...
- 16:37 'They're a Championship club' - what every rival boss has said...
- 16:36 Trump labels security guard who hid from Florida shooter a ‘coward’
- 16:36 Mansfield teen’s car vandalism spree
- 16:36 School UN-BANS popular devices after saying they could help youngsters
- 16:36 Bassetlaw drink driver crashed into railings in Mansfield
- 16:36 Teenage mum jailed for covering toddler in make up to hide abuse
- 16:36 Barrow pupils experience mock parliament event with MP
- 16:36 North Korea PANIC as Trump announces ‘LARGEST EVER’ sanctions in...
- 16:35 Can we predict when the next SUPER VOLCANO will blow? Rumbling...
- 16:34 Attacker raped stranger in her own home before defecating on her...
- 16:34 EU citizens: how has Brexit impacted your long term plans?
- 16:33 Rail passengers face more expensive fares and timetable chaos after...
- 16:33 Robert Lewandowski puts Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea on alert as...
- 16:32 Mansfield teen’s car vandalism spree
- 16:32 UK weather: Spring 'postponed' as cold snap hits UK
- 16:31 A Peaky Blinders party is going to Leeds
- 16:31 Crowds flock to Wakefield as rhubarb festival begins
- 16:31 Let’s move to Hebden Bridge, West Yorks: a rain-soaked paradise
- 16:31 UPDATE: Missing sister found 'safe and well' after public appeal