Revealed: Up to TEN MILLION savers to be hit by a £1.8bn stealth tax raid buried in Budget papers
Millions of savers will be hit by a £1.8billion stealth tax raid buried in the small print of the Budget papers.
Up to ten million people will be squeezed under new rules that target those who put cash in long-term savings plans offered by insurers.
The rule change hits savers who hold endowment, with-profit and whole-of-life policies.
These are popular plans used by families to save over ten or 20 years for their old age or for paying off home loans.
Obscure rules in the Budget reveal that these investments will all be hit with a new tax bill.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Michael Gove... read more
- 07:27 APPEAL: Theft from Assembly Rooms market
- 07:27 MSPs call on Scottish Government to draw up draft ban on sale of...
- 07:25 Spalding nurse and runner: ‘I just had to stop and help him’
- 07:25 Liam Boyce's return to Northern Ireland squad is a 'great boost'...
- 07:24 Pothole repair
- 07:24 Thirst for justice that cannot be ignored
- 07:23 Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo: Italy keeper Gianluigi Buffon...
- 07:23 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 07:23 Big issues top agenda at Civic Hall
- 07:23 The rebel bank, printing its own notes and buying back people's debts
- 07:22 Easter events and activities which are sure to egg-cite the whole...
- 07:22 Nominate your community hero for award
- 07:22 Guest column: Nominate your local heroes
- 07:21 One win is only the start for Hartlepool United - Matthew Bates
- 07:21 Liverpool and Arsenal on red alert after transfer target's future...
- 07:21 Arsenal transfer news: Gunners eye replacement for Petr Cech
- 07:21 Arsenal transfer news: Gunners want Manchester United star
- 07:20 New book honours the ‘forgotten’ female workers in Sunderland’s...
- 07:20 EU leaders say ‘highly likely’ Russia carried out nerve agent attack
- 07:20 Man Utd target Toby Alderweireld 'annoyed' at Tottenham over...
- 07:18 Sing the blues away - choir is ‘good for your health’
- 07:15 Friday briefing: Break this Brexit cycle, says Labour frontbencher
- 07:15 Lignite mining: Greece’s dirty secret - in pictures
- 07:14 Man shares strange sign of a deadly infection triggered by a trip...
- 07:14 Yulia Skripal ‘briefly wakes up’ as medics fear she and ex-spy...
- 07:14 Double delight for Carlisle children's nursery after flood recovery
- 07:12 Bad lifestyles are to blame for 2,500 cancer cases a week as...
- 07:12 Alexis Sanchez: Man Utd stars dislike ‘sulky’ forward - players...
- 07:12 Chelsea star Alvaro Morata SLAMMED in debut season: I was wrong -...
- 07:11 Premier League fixtures 2017/2018 - these are the fixtures...