REVEALED: The most and least affordable places in the UK to buy a home - as average house price comes to more than six times earnings
Property in the UK has become 50 per cent less affordable than it was 14 years ago with buyers now needing six times average income to buy the average home, official figures have revealed.
Official figures today revealed that average house prices have risen from 4.1 average earnings in 2002 to 6.3 times earnings last year.
There are sharp regional differences, with Burnley named as the most affordable place currently to buy a home in England and Wales, while Westminster in London is the least affordable.
MOST AFFORDABLE 10 LOCAL AUTHORITIES FOR HOME OWNERSHIP Local authority name Ratio of... read more
- 12:49 UFOs ‘could be plotting to invade Devon’ as yet more spaceships...
- 12:49 Claudio Ranieri put N’Golo Kante in a headlock in front of Chelsea...
- 12:49 Australian Open Day 1 Debrief: Murray, Federer & Kerber through as...
- 12:49 'It is vital that families look after their elderly at such a grim...
- 12:47 Music review: BBC SSO: The Last Supper
- 12:47 EU migrant crisis creating ‘permanent underclass’ as leaders have...
- 12:47 Music review: The Blue Aeroplanes
- 12:47 Who is new WWE UK Champion Tyler Bate?
- 12:46 Bands line up for charity fund-raiser
- 12:46 Bike wrecked in smash near Huddersfield Crematorium
- 12:45 Snapped: Man Utd outcast Memphis Depay celebrates stunning...
- 12:45 West Keal incident leaves horse rider with serious injury
- 12:45 In 2022 we’ll be able to watch an 1,800-year old star collision
- 12:45 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 12:44 Elbow announce Forest Live summer gig at Cannock Chase
- 12:44 Fifth generation army hero backs Doncaster Free Press memorial...
- 12:44 Sunderland student Charlie has grand designs for the future
- 12:44 Birmingham City manager Gianfranco Zola likens Reece Brown's...
- 12:44 Safety advice about portable heaters during cold weather
- 12:44 Sunderland’s Bic scoops top green travel award
- 12:43 In 2022 we’ll be able to watch an 1,800-year old star collision
- 12:43 Police launch dramatic chase after burglary at salvage yard
- 12:43 Elderly woman rescued from moors after fall
- 12:43 What is the secret to the perfect winter’s day at home?
- 12:42 UK export agency signs first loan deal in Africa for Ghana energy...
- 12:42 Chelsea’s No.1 January transfer target: Antonio Conte desperately...
- 12:42 The 20 Premier League stars in unbelievable form - according to the...
- 12:42 What is the secret to the perfect winter’s day at home?
- 12:41 Chelsea are pro scammers! Twitter reacts as Bamford set for £10m...
- 12:41 Feature: The branch library book-ing the trend