Revealed - The cost of Hull City's promotion back to the Premier League
THE cost of Hull City's year in the Championship has been revealed, with losses of £20.6m recorded for the 2015-16 season.
City won promotion back to the Premier League with a play-off final win over Sheffield Wednesday in May but the full details of the club's financial gamble have been laid bare in accounts filed with Companies House.
With turnover halved from £84m in 2014-15 to £41.9m last season, the Tigers had a pre-tax loss of £20.6m for their 12 months in the second tier.
• More news: Hull City survey - fans unanimous over Mike Phelan's future
The figure was in stark contrast to a... read more
- 01:09 May urges 'new dynamic' in Brexit talks
- 01:02 Drunk friends can’t recall what started brawl in Mansfield town centre
- 01:02 Worksop assault woman’s dog bit female cop
- 01:02 REVEALED: The 25 foods which make us happy
- 00:55 Hawkshead Brewery founders take top accolade at Cumbria Life Food...
- 00:51 Rosa Parks house: Dispute threatens bitter end to homecoming
- 00:51 Former Rangers star Bilel Mohsni admits punch-up wrecked his career...
- 00:51 Australia fight back on day one of third Test against South Africa...
- 00:51 Who is John Bolton, Trump's new national security adviser?
- 00:37 80 years of The Beano marked at “The McMenace” in Dundee
- 00:34 Sudoku 4015 hard
- 00:33 Tottenham target Ryan Sessegnon must not have development rushed,...
- 00:28 Plastic patch in Pacific Ocean growing rapidly, study shows
- 00:26 Gareth Southgate reveals ‘disgusting’ racial abuse of young players
- 00:26 New Zealand v England: first Test, day two – live!
- 00:25 Tony Benn defends Galloway to party
- 00:22 Baselworld: Swiss watchmakers smarten up their act
- 00:22 Virtual reality as sharp as the human eye can see?
- 00:22 Grant of £31,000 set to boost young artists
- 00:22 Israel warns Iran over nuclear ambitions
- 00:22 What do we know about Austin bomber Mark Anthony Conditt?
- 00:20 Rise in cancers 'caused by weight'
- 00:20 Rangers eyeing summer move for Louis Moult after his Preston struggles
- 00:20 New Zealand vs England, first Test LIVE scorecard, day 2: Get the...
- 00:20 Usain Bolt trains with Borussia Dortmund as sprint king continues...
- 00:18 New MS drug could slow symptoms of 'untreatable' form of disease
- 00:18 Donald Trump ‘tried to pay Playboy model after he cheated on...
- 00:15 Tottenham urged to sign PSG star in order to win Premier League title
- 00:15 Gareth Southgate and Aidy Boothroyd agree to protect Fulham ace...
- 00:14 Tyler Perry reveals what it was like to nearly lose $20,000 to...