Revealed, the 5 reasons which make porridge the healthiest breakfast option...
Whether you enjoy it with almonds, blueberries or a sprinkle of cinnamon - porridge is one of the healthiest breakfast options.
Other than being low in fat, the oatmeal dish is a great source of minerals, fibre and slow-releasing carbohydrates.
Researchers from Harvard University previously found wholegrains, such as oats, were the key to living longer.
Here Cassandra Barns, a London-based nutritionist, reveals the 5 reasons why porridge makes the best breakfast.
NO ADDED SUGAR
'Oats are a good source of slow-releasing energy and, unlike most other breakfast cereals, don’t contain any... read more
- 13:09 Four Seasons Health Care gains breathing space
- 13:09 REVIEW: Aladdin Preston Charter Theatre
- 13:08 Almost 300 missed appointments at Millom surgery
- 13:08 Millom museum to close for month-long refurbishment
- 13:08 Barrow man admits lying to police after hit-and-run
- 13:08 Christmas benefits 2017 to be paid EARLY - these are the dates you...
- 13:07 Sir Cliff Richard warned financial affairs may be revealed during...
- 13:07 Final Fantasy 7 Remake UPDATE - Another blow for FF7 fans hoping...
- 13:06 REVIEW: Aladdin Preston Charter Theatre
- 13:06 Wakefield coroners seek information on family of Castleford man
- 13:06 Wakefield Christmas hamper appeal is a success
- 13:05 Christmas benefits 2017 to be paid EARLY - these are the dates you...
- 13:05 The Week in the Life column with Keith Tordoff
- 13:04 Human League singer BANNED from airport lounge for wearing the...
- 13:04 The Week in the Life column with Keith Tordoff
- 13:04 Hollywood awards choose all-female presenters
- 13:04 Dundee United’s Scott Fraser gets player of the month award
- 13:04 Manchester United player Luke Shaw sends message to fans after...
- 13:03 Alice Ruggles' friends plan perfect tribute to Gateshead murder victim
- 13:03 Up to 1,200 homes planned for next phase of Newcastle's Great Park...
- 13:02 Parents warned after stranger attempted to get schoolgirl into car...
- 13:02 ICE ALERT: Met Office warns of potential for travel disruption
- 13:02 Derbyshire motorists need to be more alert on the roads
- 13:02 Christmas benefits 2017 to be paid EARLY - these are the dates you...
- 13:02 JAILED: 18 weeks for Heanor car thief
- 13:02 Updates as tractor sheds its load and blocks major roundabout
- 13:02 Wakefield coroners seek information on family of Castleford man
- 13:02 Wakefield Christmas hamper appeal is a success
- 13:01 ‘The school and town are losing an exceptional headteacher’:...
- 13:01 Christmas benefits 2017 to be paid EARLY - these are the dates you...