Revealed, the 5 reasons which make porridge the healthiest breakfast option...
Whether you enjoy it with almonds, blueberries or a sprinkle of cinnamon - porridge is one of the healthiest breakfast options.
Other than being low in fat, the oatmeal dish is a great source of minerals, fibre and slow-releasing carbohydrates.
Researchers from Harvard University previously found wholegrains, such as oats, were the key to living longer.
Here Cassandra Barns, a London-based nutritionist, reveals the 5 reasons why porridge makes the best breakfast.
NO ADDED SUGAR
'Oats are a good source of slow-releasing energy and, unlike most other breakfast cereals, don’t contain any... read more
- 00:23 EastEnders spoilers: Is evil Aunt Babe working with James...
- 00:21 Everton star Ashley Williams demands teammates show some fight for...
- 00:21 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho: I am a victim of my past success -...
- 00:21 Liverpool not 500 miles away from Manchester City - Jurgen Klopp
- 00:21 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger sends stark warning to Mesut Ozil after...
- 00:21 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte: I must be a magician - I saw these...
- 00:20 Brigitte Macron dons tight LEATHER trousers as she takes dog Nemo...
- 00:20 Melania Trump stuns in baby pink as Kirstjen Nielsen appointed head...
- 00:19 Edinburgh aim to bring Krasny Yar back down to earth in Moscow
- 00:19 Hogg fitter, stronger and faster for Warriors return
- 00:18 Venezuela crisis: Retirements ruined and families pulled apart
- 00:18 Megan McKenna ‘quits Towie’ in shock move amidst Pete Wicks...
- 00:17 NBA LIVE scores: All the latest from Cavaliers, Celtics, Warriors...
- 00:17 Cavaliers vs Bucks LIVE stream: How to watch LeBron James and Greek...
- 00:16 The Champions League 'Battle of Britain' between Rangers and Leeds...
- 00:16 Golf's crazy money: From Tiger Woods' $1.4bn career to Rory...
- 00:13 Thrilling audiovisual Antarctic adventure
- 00:13 Happy birthday to the 1917 revolution, and me
- 00:13 Capital ring master
- 00:13 Everton on the brink of collapse as players lose their cool in loss
- 00:13 England get to flex their muscles in dominant win
- 00:13 Clarke feared losing his job over equality
- 00:13 ‘National strength and international influence’
- 00:13 Four decades of economic denial delusion and lies
- 00:13 The NHS winter crisis is coming
- 00:13 Tory disarray on Europe
- 00:13 Peasants to strike over inaction on land distribution
- 00:13 Baghdad forces and Kurds exchange fire
- 00:13 Mud insists on full audit of elections
- 00:13 Thousands to stage peace for Catalonia demo in London