REVEALED: Road deaths and injuries in Britain fall by 3%
The final figures for the number of road users killed or seriously injured (KSI) in 2015 show a 3% year-on-year fall in the number of people who died on Britain’s roads last year.
There were 1,730 deaths and 22,144 seriously injured, while the total number of casualties was 186,189, a 4% fall compared to the previous year.
The annual total of deaths is the second lowest on record, after 2013.
In the last 30 years Britain’s population has grown by 15% (8.1m people), but despite this growth in population, road fatalities have fallen by 68% (3,655 deaths).
The Department for Transport... read more
- 10:05 Price of stamps to increase
- 10:03 Arsenal starlet stretchered off after suffering serious looking injury
- 10:03 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 10:02 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 10:00 Driver who speeded along Lincoln's busiest city centre road ordered...
- 10:00 Ask Andy: Should couples have threesomes and how to bat off...
- 09:59 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 09:58 Chelsea star sends emotional message to Premier League rival
- 09:58 Taliban leader urges Afghans to plant more trees
- 09:56 ECB won't end asset purchase program all of a sudden, Weidmann says
- 09:56 Euro zone economy - real recovery or another Sirens' song?
- 09:54 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 09:52 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 09:48 3,000 people to have no Job Centre if Government plans go ahead
- 09:48 South African deputy finance minister named in police probe -...
- 09:46 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 09:45 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 09:45 PNE focus on the kids
- 09:44 Locked up in February: Pimps and violent kidnappers among Coventry...
- 09:44 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 09:44 Nine shops we've loved and lost in Nuneaton
- 09:44 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 09:42 Men who sup more than seven pints of beer a week for several years...
- 09:41 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 09:41 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 09:40 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 09:39 Has this Wirral village got too many pensioners living in it?
- 09:39 Man City player Yaya Toure explains why he's so good at penalties
- 09:39 Girl, 5, dies hours after GP refused to see her because she was...
- 09:39 Terror threat in the UK ‘at its highest since the 1970s’, terror...