Revealed: Passenger plane lands at the WRONG airport after pilots ignore their navigation equipment
A passenger plane touched down at the wrong airport after pilots ignored on-board navigation equipment and made a visual approach to land.
The Sriwijaya Air flight was scheduled to travel from Medan to Padang, both in Indonesia.
But, according to reports, instead of arriving at the new airport, the aircraft landed in a military-only airfield that hasn't been used by commercial flights since 2005.
The incident took place on October 13, 2012, but the country's National Transportation Safety Committee (NTSC) only released its final report on Monday.
Flight SJ-21 was travelling with 96... read more
- 00:17 PM's post-Brexit strategy includes energy storage and battery...
- 00:16 Threadbare nationalism
- 00:16 Syria: Isis destroys more ancient monuments in Palmyra
- 00:16 Brazil: Judge’s death investigated
- 00:17 Personal data being shared on huge scale, claims Which?
- 00:17 Bastia 1-1 Nice: Mario Balotelli kept quiet on his return as away...
- 00:16 Protests mark Trump’s first day as US president
- 00:17 Sir Michael Fallon vows the US will remain UK's closest...
- 00:17 Paul Clement believes Daniel Sturridge can cope with Jurgen Klopp's...
- 00:16 Ex-doctor is Labour choice for Copeland
- 00:17 Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola claims B teams are 'the...
- 00:16 Corbyn: Cuts would dog independence
- 00:16 Police Taser Own Racism Adviser
- 00:13 Second-hand tyres put lives at risk, councils warn
- 00:12 Boris Johnson urges unseated Gambian president Yahya Jammeh to...
- 00:12 Pair face child cruelty sentencing over girl's death
- 00:12 Woman held over Leonne Weeks stab death released on bail
- 00:12 'Unfit mother' and partner jailed for letting tragic Poppy, four,...
- 00:12 Nine fined for wilful obstruction of highway in Heathrow Black...
- 00:12 MP claims poor areas 'suffer biggest cuts' amid pharmacy funding...
- 00:12 Ex-boxer's body to be cryogenically frozen, family reveals
- 00:12 Heart surgeon struck off after showing 'reckless disregard' for...
- 00:12 Your personal data on sale to scammers and cold callers for just 4p
- 00:11 Oumar Niasse vows to prove Everton wrong in Hull loan spell as...
- 00:11 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola on Sergio Aguero signing new...
- 00:10 That Midas touch can prove elusive
- 00:10 Robber attacked woman during raid on Leeds newsagents
- 00:10 Leeds Festival drug dealer locked up
- 00:08 Chief: Man United could have sold this player for more… we were outbid
- 00:04 Ex-model, 34, starving to death from rare disease has shrunk to 77...