Revealed: Number of times Chester and Ellesmere Port firefighters rescued obese people
Clara Molden/PA Wire The number of times Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service has been called upon to rescue obese people who are too large to move on their own has risen year on year between 2013 and 2015.
Seventeen of these so-called 'bariatric' rescues were conducted by crews across the county last year, up from nine in 2014 and just four in 2013, according to figures released by the service following a request by The Chronicle under the Freedom of Information Act.
Chester and Ellesmere Port tied at four of the specialist rescues – which can involve the use of lifting equipment and slings –... read more
- 10:26 EXCLUSIVE: Man charged with M6 death crash which killed highways...
- 10:26 You should stop throwing coins into wishing wells immediately
- 10:26 Manchester City defender Gael Clichy reveals DJ Jazzy Jeff is his...
- 10:25 Chesterfield council: 'We can't afford to build and run an ice rink'
- 10:24 Europeans brought a deadly stomach bacteria to the Americas 500...
- 10:24 Great Barrier Reef could be hit by its WORST-EVER blast of coral...
- 10:24 Jamie Vardy movie still on track despite Claudio Ranieri sacking
- 10:23 Manchester United defender Guillermo Varela claims Frankfurt is...
- 10:22 Caught on Camera: Can you help North Wales Police find these people?
- 10:22 Growing times at hair salon in Spalding
- 10:22 SE Asia Stocks-Lower; Trump's tirade on China weighs
- 10:22 British woman ‘secretly buys apartment where Madeleine...
- 10:21 Vicky McClure talks The Replacement, Line Of Duty and those James...
- 10:21 Nuneaton woman arrested over crash which killed expectant father
- 10:20 ‘Dangerous’ road needs new crossing say worried parents
- 10:19 National award for ‘loyal’ Amelia
- 10:19 Guess who’s back! Leeds Festival date for rap star Eminem
- 10:19 ‘Dangerous’ road needs new crossing say worried parents
- 10:18 7 Leicester Comedy Festival shows on tonight
- 10:18 Train lines reopen for Northampton's evening commuters after 'bins...
- 10:18 St Margaret's Way closed county-bound due to storm damage
- 10:18 A place only for the bold as Doris batters Blackpool
- 10:18 Five out of five for Poulton apartments
- 10:17 Nine in a row as RBS posts annual loss and flags job cuts
- 10:17 Wolves vs Birmingham City: Paul Lambert on Gianfranco Zola and the...
- 10:17 Walking Dead actor mocks claims of racism after Primark T-shirt is...
- 10:17 Celtic fined £16k UEFA for pyro at Manchester City clash
- 10:17 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce provides an update on the Chris Samba...
- 10:17 West Brom team news: The latest from Tony Pulis on his squad
- 10:17 Iraqi forces push into first districts of western Mosul