Revealed: Number of times Chester and Ellesmere Port firefighters rescued obese people
Clara Molden/PA Wire The number of times Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service has been called upon to rescue obese people who are too large to move on their own has risen year on year between 2013 and 2015.
Seventeen of these so-called 'bariatric' rescues were conducted by crews across the county last year, up from nine in 2014 and just four in 2013, according to figures released by the service following a request by The Chronicle under the Freedom of Information Act.
Chester and Ellesmere Port tied at four of the specialist rescues – which can involve the use of lifting equipment and slings –... read more
- 15:09 Sir Mo beats the heat to post British record at London Marathon
- 15:09 Ed Sheeran reveals new details about his next album
- 15:08 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:07 Shock number of Cheshire businesses connected to organised crime...
- 15:07 Banking royal commission: Labor asks Turnbull for compensation scheme
- 15:07 Peak District tourism business workshops to push new marketing project
- 15:07 Club tropicália: the mesmerising power of Brazilian art
- 15:00 Thierry Henry wants Arsene Wenger to be remembered for 'changing...
- 15:00 Arsenal supporters pay tribute to departing manager Arsene Wenger...
- 14:58 Peak District tourism business workshops to push new marketing project
- 14:54 Arsenal issue update on Mohamed Elneny after Arsenal star appears...
- 14:54 Scots carer slept in grit bin overnight after ferry cancelled
- 14:54 Ronnie O'Sullivan storms back against Stephen Maguire to avoid a...
- 14:53 Chris Froome salbutamol case expected to be resolved before Tour de...
- 14:52 PICTURED: Dramatic images of spectacular lightning over Yorkshire
- 14:52 Suffragettes ride out for parity in cycling
- 14:52 Missing Hornsea couple may need medical help
- 14:52 A Lancashire man has died after being pulled from water in the Lake...
- 14:50 Motorway closures after 'serious collision' near Wigan
- 14:49 Killer whales seen in river Clyde
- 14:49 Windrush: Corbyn says PM ignored immigration policy warnings
- 14:47 London Marathon 2018: Katie Price is cheered on by supporters as...
- 14:45 Labour to seek local support for £250bn 'regional renaissance'
- 14:44 The club who could come calling for Arsene Wenger this summer -...
- 14:44 Why West Brom's late rally and denial of Liverpool was particularly...
- 14:43 Eliud Kipchoge wins men’s London Marathon as Mo Farah comes third
- 14:40 Review of ‘crucial’ flood alert system
- 14:40 On The Beat column: The latest police news for Pocklington and...
- 14:40 Syracuse University expels fraternity over racist video
- 14:40 Grantham woman competes on TV quiz show