Revealed: Number of times Chester and Ellesmere Port firefighters rescued obese people
Clara Molden/PA Wire The number of times Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service has been called upon to rescue obese people who are too large to move on their own has risen year on year between 2013 and 2015.
Seventeen of these so-called 'bariatric' rescues were conducted by crews across the county last year, up from nine in 2014 and just four in 2013, according to figures released by the service following a request by The Chronicle under the Freedom of Information Act.
Chester and Ellesmere Port tied at four of the specialist rescues – which can involve the use of lifting equipment and slings –... read more
- 13:58 Appeal lodged following Carlisle pub assault
- 13:58 REVEALED: Derbyshire schools GCSE performance tables
- 13:58 Rangers star Barrie McKay should jump at the chance to move to...
- 13:57 Police want to trace this Tuebrook man as part of attack probe
- 13:57 FC Stratford boss Poulson rues poor decision-making
- 13:57 Wirksworth joins ‘Bridges not Walls’ banner drop as Donald Trump...
- 13:57 QUICK QUIZ: This week’s news in questions
- 13:56 Builder, 34, has jail term slashed after attack on Andy Bemrose
- 13:56 JAILED: Depraved man who attempted to rape young girl filmed his...
- 13:56 Driver suspected of killing four in Melbourne crash ‘was out on bail’
- 13:56 Top 10 most complained about adverts of 2016
- 13:56 Gainsborough man who stole £978 in cash dodges jail sentence
- 13:55 Pokemon Go NEWS: Next BIG Niantic event update will SURPRISE you
- 13:55 Man in court accused of attempted murder of police officer
- 13:55 Sunderland have fewest goalscorers in Europe's top five leagues...
- 13:54 US STOCKS-Wall St set to rise ahead of Trump inauguration
- 13:54 Festive period busiest on record for region’s NHS
- 13:53 We tried masturbating at work for a week and this is what happened
- 13:53 Arsenal legend Ian Wright drops Chelsea transfer bombshell
- 13:53 Antonio Conte provides huge update on Chelsea striker Diego Costa
- 13:53 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte confirms transfer bid
- 13:53 Koeman's message for Everton FC ahead of Palace trip
- 13:52 Man with colossal half-a-metre penis that reaches his knee insists...
- 13:52 Roll on spring, say frustrated Preston drivers
- 13:50 Arrests made over theft of South Yorkshire band's van, instruments...
- 13:50 Liverpool set to welcome back Jordan Henderson and Nathaniel Clyne...
- 13:49 Barrow man jailed for drug supply role
- 13:49 Scarlett Moffatt hits back at critics after fans BEG her not to...
- 13:49 Dimitri Payet twist: West Ham considering taking action against...
- 13:49 This is how to get rid of bad breath - according to top dentists