REVEALED: Not one driver fined for speeding in 20mph zones in Lancashire
0 Have your say Lancashire’s 20 mph zones are still going under the police radar almost seven years after they were brought in, the Post can reveal.
Not a single speeding ticket has been issued since the restrictions were first introduced across the county in 2011 in an attempt to make residential streets safer.
We highlighted the problem a year ago and at that time police warned they would prosecute if their policy of “engagement and education” was not working.
But a year on the force has revealed there have still not been any penalty notices dished out to drivers for breaking 20 mph... read more
- 14:46 VIDEO: Floral tributes pour in for murdered Sheffield teen as...
- 14:45 Councillors backing Market Place projects
- 14:43 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 14:41 Billy Bragg on Barking: ‘I would hurry past every alleyway for fear...
- 14:41 World Cup 2018: The 12 Tottenham stars you can expect to see in...
- 14:38 New Sunderland AFC owners 'absolutely intent' on return of Stadium...
- 14:34 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way
- 14:32 Met Office issues thunderstorm flood warning for Bank Holiday Monday
- 14:32 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 14:30 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:30 Scots writers protest against Richard Branson’s Edinburgh hotel plans
- 14:28 Murder inquiry launched after boy, 17, dies in Northampton
- 14:28 Firefighters 7,500m climb for fellow life-savers
- 14:27 Liverpool Champions League team news: Star to miss game, Klopp...
- 14:25 People aren’t impressed with this restaurant’s take on a full...
- 14:25 BREAKING NEWS: Murder inquiry launched after death of teenager in...
- 14:25 Major road in Northamptonshire near M1 closed following crash
- 14:24 Fun for all the family at Whissendine School’s fayre
- 14:24 Real Madrid Champions League final team: Zidane to name this 4-3-3...
- 14:24 Firefighters 7,500m climb for fellow life-savers
- 14:23 In Pictures: 11 ancient items the Vikings left in Scotland
- 14:22 Here's when Leeds' new The Ivy restaurant will open
- 14:22 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way
- 14:21 Ozzy Osbourne: ‘My problem, really, is I don’t remember I’m 70’...
- 14:20 Firefighters 7,500m climb for fellow life-savers
- 14:20 Uganda bus crash kills at least 22, including children
- 14:19 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way
- 14:18 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way
- 14:18 Activist groups protest new NFL policy banning players from kneeling
- 14:11 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way