Revealed: Jose Mourinho almost became manager of Liverpool
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho almost became manager of Liverpool back in 2004, according to journalist Tony Barrett.
Barrett claims that hours before Mourinho memorably sprinted down the Old Trafford touchline in March 2004 following Costinha’s late equaliser for Porto in the Champions League round of 16 the wheels were set in motion to make him the new Anfield boss.
It’s alleged that Mourinho sent his French agent Jorge Baideck to Liverpool to try and broker a deal with former Reds chief executive Rick Parry.
More: Football Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd have all secured 1-0 wins this... read more
- 17:25 The Golden Years: Why Yorkshire is the best place to enjoy retirement
- 17:24 'It's been 50 years - now sort out our Doncaster village's old slag...
- 17:24 Barrow charity boss scoops invite to Royal Wedding
- 17:24 Preventable diseases are still killing animals
- 17:24 Fire crew called to gorse fire
- 17:24 Cumbrian Challenge raises more than £1million for ex-servicemen and...
- 17:24 Cumbria's best apprentice urges the community to nominate dedicated...
- 17:24 Police officer recognised for diversity work in Cumbria
- 17:23 Popular DNA website helps cops nail ‘killer’ suspected of murdering...
- 17:23 Venezuela: Maduro hails election win but world leaders threaten...
- 17:23 Blackpool Belle puts resort on track for direct service to London
- 17:23 Elon Musk announces $78,000 high-performance version of Tesla Model 3
- 17:23 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe 'told to expect another conviction'
- 17:23 Doncaster mums helping others to beat post natal depression
- 17:23 'It's been 50 years - now sort out our Doncaster village's old slag...
- 17:22 Cumbria's best apprentice urges the community to nominate dedicated...
- 17:22 Police searching for convicted drug farmer who walked out of open...
- 17:21 Booze sales plan for town centre shop rejected
- 17:20 FTSE 100 surges to a fresh record high
- 17:20 Doncaster mums helping others to beat post natal depression
- 17:19 Sylatech reaches for the sky after securing work with global giants
- 17:19 Man had to have skull surgery after being stamped and kicked on...
- 17:18 Spike in help for Wigan hedgehogs
- 17:18 This brilliant Marc McNulty insight sums up the fun and...
- 17:18 Wiganer conquers Iraqi danger mountain
- 17:18 Syria war: Army takes full control of Damascus after ousting IS
- 17:17 Speaker John Bercow admits muttering word 'stupid'
- 17:15 Lottery win for Cumbrian resident
- 17:15 Workington youngster prepares for open water charity swim
- 17:15 Police officer recognised for diversity work in Cumbria