Revealed: Hull and East Riding A-levels 2016 meet national average
Students were in line with the national average when it came to their A-level results this year.
The Department for Education released provisional league tables today for in their A-level and equivalent qualifications, after students sat their exams in the summer. On average, East Yorkshire students achieved a C+ grade, the same as their peers nationally.
Watch: A-Level results day in Beverley
Despite individual success, the percentage of pupils in schools, sixth forms and colleges achieving the highest grades was lower than the national average of 12.9 per cent achieving three A*-A grades... read more
- 08:09 BREAKING: Panama dictator Manuel Noriega dies aged 83
- 08:09 Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann can be replaced at...
- 08:09 Andres Iniesta casts doubt over future at Barcelona as he suggests...
- 08:08 North East voters 'trust Labour with NHS', survey shows
- 08:08 Marketing students flying the flag for Whitby Town
- 08:08 Potato growers dig the latest smartphone technology
- 08:08 A rare glimpse into the lost world of Camelot
- 08:07 Police seize nuisance bike from park
- 08:06 French Open 2017: Tim Henman reveals Andy Murray concerns ahead of...
- 08:06 Arsenal transfer news LIVE updates: Perez exit, Wenger told to sign...
- 08:06 8 reasons to visit Poole – including Brownsea Island and Corfe Castle
- 08:06 TOWIE’S Chris Clark reveals reason behind split from Jesy Nelson:...
- 08:05 Hartlepool man’s benefit claim nightmare
- 08:05 Sea Cadets scoop welcome donation
- 08:05 Countdown to Armed Forces Day 2017 to continue with services events
- 08:05 Car bomb outside ice cream shop kills 13 during Ramadan in Baghdad
- 08:05 Dog’s shocking injuries after ‘excessive force’ by airport staff
- 08:04 Leading the way in the new digital age
- 08:04 Walney Wind Farm owners in £1bn deal
- 08:04 Help for firms to cast net in pool of talent
- 08:04 Non-political evening to mark opening of Windermere office
- 08:04 Six Cumbria firms in running for £10k prize revealed
- 08:04 Residents in Cumbrian town fed up with repeated vandalism
- 08:04 Barrow men play key roles in firm pioneering technology
- 08:03 First picture of zookeeper Rosa King killed in horrific tiger...
- 08:02 'She was a guardian angel' - family of Michelle Kiss pay emotional...
- 08:01 Cumbrian cadets jet off on 'training mission' to Cyprus
- 08:01 Burst water main in South Tyneside this morning
- 07:59 Manchester United’s Ander Herrera to be offered new contract amid...
- 07:57 SNP manifesto: End austerity, tax raise and own immigration policy