Revealed: How the NHS crisis is affecting your hospital
Merseyside’s hospitals are in crisis with nearly half of them struggling to find beds for patients.
Hundreds of operations are being cancelled as the NHS bursts at the seams.
Hospitals are advised to keep 15% of their beds free at all times to cope with emergencies.
But ECHO analysis today reveals nearly half of Merseyside’s 11 hospital trusts are busting this limit.
Merseyside NHS crisis
Create your own infographics
This leaves them without enough beds and puts patients at risk of potentially deadly infections like MRSA, according to a Government watchdog.
And Merseyside’s hospitals are... read more
- 17:43 Chief quizzed on trams, shops and child poverty
- 17:42 Harrogate family's 'Herculean' effort for five-year-old born with...
- 17:41 Grantham St George’s Day events have new venue as hundreds of...
- 17:40 Trump-Russia 'collusion': Democrats file lawsuit
- 17:39 Chelsea hero Graeme Le Saux predicts Southampton to cause FA Cup...
- 17:39 Viagra can now be bought prescription-free for as little as £5 a...
- 17:38 Hazel Blears pledges support for Cumbria at BECBC AGM
- 17:38 Harrogate family's 'Herculean' effort for five-year-old born with...
- 17:38 Blooming marvellous plant fair set for Holker Hall
- 17:38 Yet more roadworks planned for the centre of Carlisle
- 17:37 Harrogate family's 'Herculean' effort for five-year-old born with...
- 17:37 Liverpool to be without four first-team players when they travel to...
- 17:34 Labour leader in blast over council policy
- 17:34 Town man on accused of drugs charge
- 17:33 Gunman shot at ex-girlfriend’s car during school run - Leeds Crown...
- 17:33 Stratford Literary Festival inspires with author school visits
- 17:30 Alfie Evan’s parents lose latest round of legal battle to keep...
- 17:29 £66.5 million police drug bust: eighth man jailed
- 17:29 Hazel Blears pledges support for Cumbria at BECBC AGM
- 17:28 Grantham Hospital: Consultants voice concerns to bosses over future...
- 17:28 Theresa May's advisor Nick Timothy deletes his Twitter account...
- 17:26 Post office experience at Nene Valley
- 17:24 Dom and Denise filming by Chester's Eastgate Clock for BBC 1 series
- 17:23 What are the likely line-ups? Who are the key men? Preston v...
- 17:23 Morecambe announce season ticket price freeze
- 17:20 Carlos Carvalhal describes Pep Guardiola as a 'god of football' but...
- 17:20 Ruby Walsh fails in bid to be fit for the Punchestown Festival...
- 17:19 Fundraiser at Stanhope Hall for parent and toddler group
- 17:18 How wearing sunglasses behind the wheel could see you fined £2,500
- 17:17 Tory candidate banned for links with EDL and white supremacists