Revealed: How low-cost airlines inflate the price of in-flight coffee by up to 4,000 per cent
If you're flying with a low-cost airline, you might want to think twice about getting a coffee on board.
Research has revealed that one airline charges £2.55 for a coffee - and that the same drink can be made at home for the equivalent of six pence per serving.
That represents a mark-up of over 4,000 per cent.
Kayak.co.uk looked at the prices for coffee on five low-cost airlines departing from the UK - Ryanair, easyJet, Thomas Cook, Flybe and Jet2 - and compared them with the cost of making the same beverage at home.
While some mark-ups can be expected, given that in-flight overheads and... read more
- 11:44 Greece targets trial return to markets in 2017, full return in...
- 11:41 Victor Moses is the ‘complete player’, says Chelsea forward Pedro
- 11:41 Man City v Chelsea: Cesc Fabregas starts as Nemanja Matic is ruled out
- 11:40 Gifted Dalton pupils design festive images for lights switch-on
- 11:40 Dalton set to celebrate Christmas with festive lights switch-on
- 11:40 Christmas 2016: Family Festival of Carols at Lichfield Cathedral
- 11:39 Residents fight against Coppull greenbelt homes
- 11:39 Owner of filthy sandwich shop banned for five years
- 11:39 Cunning plan hatched by this driver is foiled by police
- 11:39 Biker hurt in Blackpool crash
- 11:39 21 pictures you should see this week
- 11:39 Hull City transfer rumours - Reading striker on the agenda?
- 11:39 Live updates as police at scene of serious incident in Walker...
- 11:39 Muslims ‘forced to leave Christmas market after setting up Islam...
- 11:37 Dr Tony Xia claims Aston Villa will be Europe's best within a...
- 11:37 Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil once again praises 'idol' Zinedine...
- 11:37 The shocking scale of drug driving revealed
- 11:35 PICTURE: Lorry gets stuck under bridge on Derbyshire road
- 11:33 Jurgen Klopp confirms the one Liverpool player he would sell in...
- 11:33 Kerching! Lincoln Christmas Market's boost to city's small traders
- 11:33 Liverpool legend: I would have succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson as...
- 11:33 Dad donates dead son's unopened Christmas presents to sick children...
- 11:33 Dangers of the diet pills sold on the High Street: Experts warn...
- 11:32 Water shock! River clean-up nets a big haul
- 11:32 Organisers hoping for big turn-out at Xmas Market
- 11:30 BREAKING: Explosion tears through China leaving many feared dead
- 11:29 Stowaway migrants found crushed under trucks in Austria
- 11:29 Manchester City vs Chelsea, Premier League LIVE: Follow all the...
- 11:29 Yobs wreck blood biker’s Triumph Tiger
- 11:27 Key man exit may pave way for Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard to...