REVEALED: Ferguson’s key advice to Manchester United’s players when they face Liverpool
Sir Alex Ferguson used to tell his Manchester United players that ‘football comes last’ whenever they faced Liverpool.
Jurgen Klopp’s side host Mourinho’s men at Anfield on Monday evening as the Premier League resumes after the international break.
Former United winger Nani featured under Ferguson for six seasons and says that the Scot urged his players to ‘win every ball, tackle, race’ in their games against Liverpool.
‘When you play that kind of game it gives you great motivation,’ Nani told Omnisport.
‘It pushes you in the league, it makes you stronger.
‘Ferguson used to say that this is... read more
- 13:42 World of Sport Wrestling to return to British TV screens
- 13:40 PMQs sketch: Fuming Yvette Cooper takes May to task over Windrush...
- 13:40 Plea to find thugs who shot a goose through the head with a crossbow
- 13:40 Arsene Wenger hints he was SACKED by Arsenal in mega revelation
- 13:40 Bomb squad drama: Police deny fire was rigged to hide removal of...
- 13:37 Jeremy Corbyn calls for Amber Rudd to resign over Windrush scandal
- 13:37 Arsene Wenger reveals timing of his exit after 22 years at Arsenal...
- 13:36 Ramsbottom schoolgirl wins national table tennis title
- 13:36 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:35 Mum furious after pub tells her to 'control children or leave'
- 13:35 Man paid someone £500 to split his tongue in two
- 13:34 Mill Fields builds on its sales team with new hire
- 13:33 Man Utd star Alexis Sanchez takes stunning swipe at Arsenal
- 13:32 Prince William just dropped a huge hint over the royal baby name
- 13:32 Man fined for filming dog giving Nazi salutes launches fundraiser...
- 13:32 Viagogo to be taken to court after failing to follow rules to...
- 13:32 Cheeki Rafiki yacht operator cleared over sailor deaths
- 13:32 The Leeds garden which is good for mind, body and soil
- 13:31 IN PICTURES: Another memorable day for Bridlington Lifeboat
- 13:31 Sizzling week-long heatwave set to return to UK again, say forecasters
- 13:31 Tigers player “assisting police”, club confirms
- 13:30 Harvey strikes gold at swimming finals
- 13:28 Ant McPartlin ‘won’t be back till next year’ - Stephen Mulhern
- 13:28 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:28 Google's Gmail gets self-destruct option ahead of GDPR
- 13:26 These celebrities with tiny heads will get you through the day
- 13:26 Arsene Wenger reveals Sir Alex Ferguson has been in contact about...
- 13:26 RUMOUR MILL: Luis Enrique interests Arsenal, Ancelotti may be...
- 13:26 Arsene Wenger picks out his favourite European match from his...
- 13:26 Banbury’s McDonalds goes into the digital age