REVEALED: Bizarre ways shoppers have tried to avoid plastic bag charge
4 Have your say The hilarious ways people have been carry their shopping in an effort to avoid paying the plastic bag charge has been revealed.
A survey carried out by BusinessWaste.co.uk, a recycling and disposal business, found people “will go to any length” to avoid paying 5p for a plastic bag.
Flower pots, cycling helmets and suitcases were all used by desperate shoppers in a bid to avoid the charge.
Thomas, 65, from the Midlands, admitted to using a pair of trousers tied at the ankles: “They were in the back of the car, they saved me at least 20p on bags, and hardly anybody laughed at... read more
- 19:35 Incredible bird lays two triple yolkers in one month
- 19:33 James Collins strikes for Luton Town and deepens Barnet woes
- 19:33 Paul Smyth winner puts late spring in Michael O’Neill’s second coming
- 19:30 Chilling images inside home where teenager made bomb planted on Tube
- 19:29 League One round-up: Stefan Payne strikes as Shrewsbury go back top...
- 19:29 League Two round-up: Marc McNulty hat-trick sees Coventry continue...
- 19:22 Two men in 20s shot outside Mile End tube station
- 19:22 Kit de Waal: ‘I read my first novel aged 22’
- 19:20 Liverpool bench can’t control laughter at John Aldridge tumble...
- 19:17 James Doyle jockeys’ title hopes in focus after Addeybb’s Lincoln win
- 19:17 PSG hold talks with Antonio Conte’s representatives over summer move
- 19:16 This is when the clocks change this weekend
- 19:12 Saracens 24-11 Harlequins: Liam Williams and Maro Itoje tries see...
- 19:12 Charlton boss Lee Bowyer challenges players to crash League One...
- 19:04 WEEKEND WEB: Order repeat prescriptions in plenty of time for Easter
- 19:03 When do the clocks go forward tonight, and why?
- 19:02 How Jose Mourinho’s rift with Paul Pogba started at Manchester United
- 19:00 When does the minimum wage go up 2018?
- 18:57 Michael Vaughan slams Steve Smith after Australia captain admits to...
- 18:54 'We have achieved nothing yet' - Coventry City boss Mark Robins has...
- 18:51 Carer sacked after filming Alzheimer’s sufferer crawling on floor
- 18:50 Lottery grant funds heritage skills placements
- 18:50 Two boys arrested after video captures commuter being brutally...
- 18:48 Spen Valley High School’s Mrs McConnell retires after 30 years
- 18:47 Lottery grant funds heritage skills placements
- 18:44 Unseen photographs of Beatles in US fetch £253,200 at auction
- 18:43 ‘Bankrupt’ Northamptonshire County Council paid CEO more than...
- 18:40 Woman rescued from car after crash in Wigan
- 18:39 Why is Barclays bank refunding some of its customers and how can I...
- 18:38 Why young, inexperienced BeLeavers were perfect for the Brexit...