Revealed: £300k bill for accountants to help slash millions from Merseyside NHS
Health chiefs are planning to spend £300,000 on accountants’ fees to help them slash millions from the NHS in Merseyside.
Advisers at Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC) have so far been handed £100,000 to help draw up a massive package of cuts.
And the company is set to earn another £200,000 from NHS chiefs in Merseyside and Cheshire later this year as they battle a £1bn black hole.
Read More NHS boss speaks out over Arrowe Park and Clatterbridge hospital closure suggestion leak
The annual cost of running the NHS in the region is expected to rise to £6.8bn over the next five years, but income... read more
- 17:13 Dad, 33, with weeks to live launches desperate plea for help
- 17:13 Man Utd Transfers Uncovered: Mourinho wants these two stars to...
- 17:12 Strongest week since December for European shares as investors pile in
- 17:12 Stephanie Davis has ’emotional’ reunion with Jeremy McConnell’s dog...
- 17:12 Hull FC vs Warrington Wolves LIVE updates after reserves face UK...
- 17:12 'Muggers paradise' warning as rail strike row rumbles on
- 17:12 CCTV images released following theft of elderly lady's purse in Ripon
- 17:11 Gunman shot schoolboy in the head because he was irritated at moped...
- 17:11 Councillor announced as MP candidate
- 17:11 Arsenal defenders Laurent Koscielny, Gabriel and Rob Holding...
- 17:11 UPDATE: Details of man sought by police after 16-year-old girl is...
- 17:10 Notts firm fined thousands for illegally burying 10,000 dead chickens
- 17:10 German airlines drop safety rule prompted by Germanwings crash
- 17:10 Man in 'Saw' mask robs same petrol station three times
- 17:10 Why walking is better for you than cycling
- 17:10 TAMWORTH FC: Lambs are a club on the up, says Morrell after signing...
- 17:10 The holiday mistake costing us HUNDREDS - and how to avoid making it
- 17:10 What Birmingham City's Paul Robinson told Harry Redknapp about the...
- 17:10 Huge jams on A38 after lorry crash blocks carriageway
- 17:09 Tottenham to leave White Hart Lane at the end of season with all...
- 17:08 EU regulators drop antitrust probe into Faurecia, others
- 17:08 On the brink: David Moyes hints at Sunderland exit as doomed Black...
- 17:08 Pimco shutters RAE Worldwide Fundamental Advantage PLUS Fund
- 17:08 Scots in hunt for British GT glory at Rockingham
- 17:08 Restaurant fined after neighbours complained about curry smell
- 17:08 Peter Kay's Car Share steering into heartbreaking ending as tragedy...
- 17:07 Lorry overturns in crash on A1
- 17:06 Gabriel Jesus reacts to Man City Manchester derby comeback
- 17:06 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho reveals plan to cope with...
- 17:05 Barry Horne: Joey Barton's gambling ban was too excessive