Revealed, 18 common herbs and how they could cure everything from ulcers to flatulence
Herbalism is an ancient form of medicine - but it is often regarded as a wacky Chinese treatment.
Herbs and plants can be used to treat a wide range of conditions ranging from burns, to ulcers, flatulence, laryngitis, insomnia and psoriasis.
But experts warn to not take herbal supplements if you're on medication without checking with your doctor first.
Here, in a piece for The Hippocratic Post, some of the most common herbs and their medical benefits are revealed.
This is a very popular herbal remedy. Peppermint tea, made from an infusion of the leaves, aids indigestion,... read more
- 19:23 Grenfell inquiry opens to emotional testimony from survivors
- 19:23 Russian activity in City of London faces further scrutiny by MPs
- 19:23 Part of M20 to be used as lorry park to counter Brexit jams at Channel
- 19:17 Matlock student competes for Young Horticulturalist of the Year title
- 19:16 Darren Moore's West Brom to do list: The issues the new boss must...
- 19:11 Paris Gourtsoyannis: Why angry UK needed a royal wedding
- 19:11 Paris Gourtsoyannis: Indyref2 may be battle of ‘identitarian’ politics
- 19:10 Author Kate Mosse on returning to writing after a long hiatus
- 19:10 Forget two-week holidays and go for three-day adventures instead
- 19:09 Voters prefer Labor's tax plan, but two-party gap tightens –...
- 19:09 Barack and Michelle Obama to make films for Netflix
- 19:08 Man calls cops after being stalked by pig
- 19:08 Former Emmerdale star Lisa Riley reveals she's engaged to her "soul...
- 19:05 Jim Murphy: can the ‘Irn-Bru’ street fighter save Scottish Labour?
- 19:00 Family's frantic search for Romeo the talking parrot who flew off...
- 18:59 Desire can deliver Champions League dream for Liverpool, says...
- 18:58 Scarborough teenage hammer threat car robbers locked up for 11 years
- 18:57 Doors, backpacks and Ritalin: what Republicans have blamed school...
- 18:56 Northamptonshire golf club captain raises thousands in memory of...
- 18:56 Memorial garden could become games pitch at Northampton primary school
- 18:56 Arsenal confirm Santi Cazorla has left the club
- 18:53 The royal wedding was a display of black culture and I’m here for it
- 18:53 South Yorkshire taxi driver goes on trial accused of sexually...
- 18:53 Can your boss legally read your work e-mails? This is the law
- 18:52 Ruth Davidson calls on PM to oppose push for new independence poll
- 18:52 Real Madrid vs Liverpool: Zinedine Zidane’s planned starting XI...
- 18:50 Blaxton greyhound owner recounts tale of woe over Double Duvet's...
- 18:49 Dolphin stranded on British beach had rubber glove inside its stomach
- 18:49 Why do so few cash machines dispense fivers and where are they?
- 18:48 Did Chelsea star Eden Hazard SNUB Jose Mourinho before FA Cup final?