Return of pensioner bonds: Theresa May could introduce accounts with high interest rates to help savers
Theresa May could bring back pensioner bonds for all ages to help long-suffering savers, it emerged last night.
Former pensions minister Baroness Altmann suggested government-backed bonds with higher interest rates would be a boost to those who have endured rock-bottom returns for years.
It is understood other plans to help savers may include tax breaks, such as ripping up savings limits on Isas.
A source told the Mail that industry experts have been asked to present their ideas to the Treasury before the end of the month.
Mrs May hinted in her conference speech on Wednesday that she would... read more
- 09:50 COMMENT: 900m reasons why we must stick with devolution in...
- 09:50 Return in sight for PNE’s Woods after full season out
- 09:50 Resurgent interest in Victoria Quays
- 09:50 England coaches are good enough – Simpson
- 09:50 Manchester United set to complete Ethan Galbraith signing this weekend
- 09:50 Hull given £15m by Heritage Lottery to secure its future in tourism
- 09:49 Charlotte Church reveals she has lost her unborn baby
- 09:49 Future of key buildings in Wellingborough to be discussed by...
- 09:49 Cash and jewellery stolen in Kettering burglary
- 09:48 Man sprayed CS gas into eyes of Cumbrian police officer trying to...
- 09:47 REGIONAL: Police officer jobs announced
- 09:47 Barcelona set deadline for Hector Bellerin signing as they grow...
- 09:43 Yellow weather warning for rain issued
- 09:42 Choking the life out of seabirds, the rubbish littering our...
- 09:42 Who's a big boy? Dog owners share side-by-side snaps of their...
- 09:42 Panoramic FAIL: The amusing, bizarre and downright scary results of...
- 09:42 Interview with Richard Blackledge: Former businessman and Master...
- 09:41 Inspectors praise support for Northamptonshire children with...
- 09:41 Everton want £10m Andre Gray: Burnley eye Britt Assombalonga as...
- 09:41 Everton eye Sheffield United midfielder David Brooks following...
- 09:41 Course on how to deal with stress
- 09:40 Tourism's time to seize opportunity
- 09:40 Boost for brain injury survivors on coast
- 09:40 Stephen Good: Innovation is change that unlocks new value
- 09:40 GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks, dollar ease ahead of slew of c.bank speeches
- 09:39 Fastest broadband areas in the UK have been revealed
- 09:39 'It's absolutely disgraceful' - Residents hit out at grass verge...
- 09:37 Meet the bikers who give up their weekend to save the NHS £20,000
- 09:37 Chelsea wanted Inter Milan star Antonio Candreva to replace Oscar -...
- 09:37 Gun shots fired as police clash with British tourists on Algarve