Retirement boost: Pensioners given new lease of life as health and relationships improve
More than one in four (26 per cent) of those who retired in the past 10 years say they are fitter and healthier since they gave up work.
Nearly two thirds (63 per cent) are financially comfortable, according to research commissioned by the Prudential.
And without the time constraints imposed by a job, they have been able to devote time to their spouses, family and friends.
In fact, nine out of 10 say retirement has met their expectations or they are happy with how it has turned out
Far from winding down, nearly half of those who have retired since the height of the financial crisis (48 per... read more
- 09:15 Newcastle United exclusive: Rafa Benitez has overachieved with...
- 09:14 Montrose looking for Elgin City revenge
- 09:14 Dundee’s Paul McGowan hoping to make amends for Hearts ‘blip’...
- 09:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Exposé into West Yorkshire Combined...
- 09:14 Dundee boss looking for players to right a lot of wrongs
- 09:14 Experienced duo available for Forfar
- 09:14 Dunfermline looking to turn the clock back against St Mirren
- 09:14 Relegation six-pointer for Brechin and Falkirk
- 09:11 Hate Christmas? You can now smash up festive decorations for fun
- 09:11 Thomas Lemar sends Gooners into meltdown by ‘liking’ post claiming...
- 09:10 Latest news from Berwick Stoma Support Group
- 09:09 The ‘potentially hazardous’ asteroid Phaeton 3200 will zoom past...
- 09:09 Twice-banned Nelson drink-driver caught behind the wheel whilst...
- 09:09 How to get your Instagram best nine of 2017
- 09:09 Derek Ferguson says it will be a proud moment if and when son Lewis...
- 09:08 I hope our brightest and best embrace the ‘Year of Engineering’
- 09:07 Top marks for South Shields primary school from inspectors
- 09:07 South Shields performers get ready for the big stage
- 09:08 Christmas shoppers warned over 'treacherous' conditions as ice...
- 09:07 Parents warned not to buy mini motos for South Tyneside kids
- 09:07 Youngsters meet Santa on magical Shields Ferry ride
- 09:07 Man taken from South Shields cliffs after rescue operation
- 09:07 South Tyneside primary youngsters above average
- 09:07 Sunderland MP backs bill to help end child hunger
- 09:07 MP hits out over woman’s home birth
- 09:07 Sunderland celebrates primary school league table success
- 09:07 Horrifying CCTV footage shows moment off-road bike hits teenager
- 09:06 DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: Suffering in silence - the men being failed...
- 09:05 Sheffield man charged with burglary
- 09:05 Christmas 2017 waste collection changes for the Harrogate district