Retirees who snub annuities will have to make their pension pot last their full retirement
They will pay a high price for getting it wrong, as those who deplete their pension pots too quickly will have no money left in their later years, aside from the little provided by the state.
Yet many have absolutely no idea how much they can safely withdraw each year without running their savings down.
New research suggests that someone who withdrew £6,000 a year from a £100,000 pension pot would use it all up within just 20 years.
As life expectancy rises, this may not be enough to see them through retirement.
CASHING OUT Pension freedom reforms introduced in April 2015 allow people... read more
- 06:42 Liverpool legend makes claim over Virgil van Dijk £75m price tag
- 06:41 Fun for the whole family at Lincolnshire Showground
- 06:40 Aston Villa digest: Steve Bruce's selection posers, the rise of...
- 06:40 Birmingham City digest: Stockdale remorse, unhappy homecoming,...
- 06:40 Wolves digest: Nuno 'punched', that substitution, Neves banned,...
- 06:38 Man Utd news: Paul Pogba’s agent contacts top clubs amid Jose...
- 06:38 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp makes plea to supporters over lack of...
- 06:39 Guest column: More police funding is great news for the county
- 06:38 Real Madrid news: Dani Carvajal reveals which player was ANGRY...
- 06:38 Liverpool news: Virgil van Dijk surprising claim made by John Aldridge
- 06:38 No lectures for thousands of university students in Coventry today...
- 06:38 Study reveals how likely you are to have a road accident - and it's...
- 06:38 Meet the Yorkshireman undertaking a solo Arctic trek
- 06:38 £1m cashpot for resort businesses
- 06:32 What Florida survivors had to say to NRA and politicians at a town...
- 06:32 Man Utd manager Jose Mourinho SLAMS medical department after Ander...
- 06:32 Spalding poet searches for “arty” people to help create new stage...
- 06:31 Plea to Home Secretary over impact of cheap drink on policing
- 06:31 Hartlepool rugby ref helps to tackle stigma of men’s mental health
- 06:31 Claimant count up but work is there
- 06:31 Pools fans have their say over sacking of manager Craig Harrison
- 06:31 Hartlepool youngsters meet holocaust survivor
- 06:31 Aim for Hartlepool care providers to be the best
- 06:30 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:30 Abi Morgan: ‘Women can be as violent, mercurial and complex as men’
- 06:29 Education column: Young people should not have to deal with student...
- 06:29 Volunteer call to help clean-up Marsden Bay
- 06:29 Plea to Home Secretary over impact of cheap drink on policing
- 06:29 ‘You’re a canny lovely lot’ - an NHS worker’s view of South...
- 06:29 South Tyneside families call for MPs to back new organ donor bill