Retailer George Davies: 'Promote more women to top fashion jobs'
Veteran retailer George Davies has called for more women to be appointed to top jobs in British fashion.
Mr Davies, founder of clothing retailer Next and behind the George at Asda label, says more needs to be done to promote them to director level.
Women "have more vision than men" and their promotion would help boost firms, he told BBC Radio 4's You and Yours.
Campaigners Women in Retail welcomed his call, saying retail was often still a "boys' club".
Research published earlier this year, by the group, found that while 60 per cent of those employed in the retail... read more
- 08:08 Shrewsbury Town to become first English club to follow Celtic and...
- 08:08 Lewis Hamilton vows to beat rival Sebastian Vettel 'the right way'...
- 08:08 All Blacks flanker Jerome Kaino insists he would never...
- 08:07 Woman who set fire to her partner's belongings does not have to pay...
- 08:06 Ice cream rush helps supermarket sales soar in June
- 08:06 Troops in Myanmar's Rakhine on high alert after killings of Rohingya
- 08:06 Carlisle woman tried to steal takeaway delivered to her home
- 08:06 Which? reveal best and worst broadband speeds in the UK
- 08:05 Derbyshire GP who blogged about her bipolar disorder committed suicide
- 08:05 Antonio Conte still threatening to quit Chelsea over transfers
- 08:05 Waterloo Road bridge to close for repairs
- 08:04 10 police stations to close to the public
- 08:04 Alvaro Morata to Chelsea: Antonio Conte to hijack Man Utd move -...
- 08:04 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp still wants Virgil van Dijk but deal...
- 08:03 Italian doctor who worked at Leicester Royal Infirmary had not...
- 08:03 Fire at three-storey premises caused by faulty sewing machine
- 08:02 How do street performers float? The levitating trick explained
- 08:02 Rare opportunity to buy Windermere lakeside plot and boat house
- 08:01 Middlesbrough slap £25m fee on Ben Gibson: Boro don’t want to sell,...
- 08:01 Sing a song for us Andrew Bridgen! North West Leicestershire MP...
- 08:01 Don't be tempted to swim in dangerous water - no matter how hot it...
- 08:01 Thousands of pets in the East Midlands at risk of deadly diseases
- 08:01 Homeless man stole deoderant to sell for food in Worksop
- 08:01 Morrisons introduces puppets into all stores to teach kids the...
- 08:01 15 things all surfers know to be true
- 08:01 International Sunglasses Day: What your sunglasses type says about you
- 08:00 Nikkei rises for 3rd day as weak yen supports; steel shares soar
- 08:00 Stada buyout falls short of shareholder acceptance target
- 07:58 Alexandre Lacazette transfer looks ideal for Arsenal, says...
- 07:58 PSG contact Fabinho as Manchester United talks drag on