Restoration of historic brewery gates was a labour of love for engineering firm in 1997
A gateway to Burton's past was unveiled during the summer of 1997. The wrought and cast iron gates which originally stood at the entrance to the 'number two' Bass car park – which is now the home of Sainsbury's – were resited at the Union Street entrance.
The gates had been removed by Westmid Engineering at the Rose Hill Works in Woodville and were given a spruce-up.
Contracts manager Mick Smith said the project – commissioned by Sainsbury's – was a labour of love for the engineers who had to recast the patterns on the gates and halt the corrosion.
READ MORE: Tutbury 900 festival back in... read more
- 09:56 Boil water advice for homes in Tameside and Saddleworth
- 09:56 Man charged over girls sex assault in Burnley
- 09:56 Qantas to fly from London to Australia non-stop
- 09:54 Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos says his team-mates have a duty to...
- 09:54 Jose Mourinho keen on bringing Edinson Cavani to Manchester United
- 09:51 Bitter row dubbed Trousergate breaks out over Theresa May’s trousers
- 09:50 Liverpool legend Dietmar Hamann claims current side isn’t good...
- 09:48 Great places in Derby city centre to stop for coffee or cake while...
- 09:46 Chelsea star Willian: I am delighted Antonio Conte said this about me
- 09:45 West Bridgford residents worried after spate of burglaries
- 09:44 Site manager scoops accolade
- 09:43 Man rescued from bungalow fire in Kirby Muxloe
- 09:43 Catholic church in Manila issues prayer against expanded death penalty
- 09:43 Analysis - After Aleppo, Syria's Assad still far from regaining his...
- 09:43 Five killed in explosion near cathedral in Cairo
- 09:39 An Inspector Calls: Everything is pristine at Hurley House Hotel in...
- 09:39 Go shopping in New York... but pop into Iceland first thanks to...
- 09:39 The peak of luxury: A flying hot-tub, built-in sushi bars and bling...
- 09:37 Children antlers for fundraising reindeer runs
- 09:37 Church-run scheme in Barrow offers to help families struggling with...
- 09:36 Delving into family history
- 09:36 Coldstream art gallery moving to new premises
- 09:29 Max Holloway calls out Jose Aldo after claiming interim UFC...
- 09:29 Manchester United in talks with Premier League rival over January...
- 09:28 AA Gill: Final article describes cancer fight
- 09:27 Nottingham Forest LIVE: Derby County vs Reds live at the iPro Stadium
- 09:27 Crash closes main Nottinghamshire road
- 09:26 Welsh Government property deals net nearly £7m profit since 2007
- 09:25 Beliebers dance with Justin
- 09:24 Man charged following sexual assaults in Burnley