Restaurant chains could swoop for Castle Street location as building society shuts
Restaurant businesses could swoop for a building society branch in Castle Street after it closes in December.
Castle Street has in recent years become one of the city’s dining hotspots, with former bank branches and office premises at street level being converted into restaurants and bars.
Now Furness Building Society has confirmed that its Castle Street branch will close on December 9 after the group decided to focus on its core business area in Cumbria and Lancashire.
The site is sure to attract the attention of restaurant operators after Castle Street’s recent transformation.
Read More... read more
- 13:20 Police warning over 'fake tradesmen' email scam
- 13:20 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 13:20 Ryan Mason latest: Health updates after footballer fractured skull...
- 13:20 Defibrillator installed at Co-op's Dove Funeral Service, Uttoxeter
- 13:20 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:20 Are you listening Diego Costa? Chelsea star slams transfer to China
- 13:19 Who remembers enjoying a night out in this former favourite...
- 13:19 Green Party leader announces Amber Valley visit
- 13:19 Offshore wind farms power cost drops by 32% in five years, says report
- 13:19 PM to meet President Erdogan in Turkey
- 13:19 Reston now has its own defibrillator
- 13:19 Duns Probus members enjoy Buns Supper
- 13:18 Boilersuit Ball aims to raise vital funds for baby unit
- 13:18 'Mystery' of iconic Bettys building in Harrogate is solved!
- 13:18 Classic grub goes down a treat at St Francis Catholic Primary...
- 13:17 Kodi users targeted as the fight against piracy heats up
- 13:17 People are going nuts for this couple who look like EastEnders’...
- 13:17 Woman urges people to ‘murder all male babies’
- 13:16 Revealed: First look at £82m Coventry train station masterplan
- 13:16 Coventry Cathedral stands up for tolerance on Trump's inauguration
- 13:16 Coventry City fan takeover is 'doable', insists Sky Blue Trust
- 13:16 Head on collision near Banbury
- 13:15 No plans to close Dewsbury A&E department
- 13:15 Drink driver of 18-tonne HGV arrested near Wetherby after public...
- 13:15 Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick warns team-mates...
- 13:15 Man City forward Leroy Sane prepared for big leap forward
- 13:15 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:15 Police issue warning over telephone scam in Horncastle area
- 13:14 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set for crunch talks following Burnley...
- 13:13 Chester Grosvenor Museum to hold 12th open art exhibition