'Respect our concerns' China warns South Korea over controversial US missiles
Relations between Beijing and Seoul have been tense ever since the deployment of US Terminal High Altitude Area Defence (THAAD) system.
The American system is designed to intercept and destroy short- and medium-range ballistic missiles in the terminal phase of their flight.
While the US has claimed the deployment is to defend the country from any potential attack from North Korea the Chinese claim that the radar is powerful enough to be able to detect their nuclear capabilities and the claimed interference of the US in the region upsets the “strategic balance” in north-east Asia.
Beijing... read more
- 02:59 Shocking toll of NHS drug errors: Up to 22,000 deaths a year caused...
- 02:59 Why Ruth Wilson is having an identity crisis
- 02:59 Sex establishment licences in England fall by a third
- 02:59 The £10-a-game poker player who won $2.6m
- 02:59 'Fat cat' academy bosses face challenge over pay
- 02:59 Key Birmingham firms to work under one roof at Baskerville House
- 02:59 Sheffield inventor goes mobile to raise digital skills
- 02:48 Tina Fontaine: Raymond Cormier not guilty of Red River murder
- 02:42 Sipping acidic fruit teas can wear away teeth, says study
- 02:42 Mini-tumours' created to battle cancer
- 02:42 Drug errors cause appalling harm and deaths, says Hunt
- 02:33 Fifa flexes muscles in Australian football's governance saga
- 02:33 Ethereum price SHOCK: Will cryptocurrency ever reach wild highs of...
- 02:22 Quiz: And Salma's joke was... what?
- 02:22 Nationalism in heart of Europe needles EU
- 02:07 Roadworks Round-up: Where to expect delays on Friday, February 23,...
- 02:04 Dr Mohammed Ali: British values do not conflict with teachings of...
- 02:04 Tracy Brabin: Why shared parental leave should be for all workers
- 02:04 Bill Carmichael: We’re better off with Theresa May than Angela Merkel
- 01:57 Woolworths first-half profit soars 38% to $969m
- 01:56 Winter Olympics 2018: India Sherrett CRASHES hard in women’s ski...
- 01:54 Saudi Arabia to spend billions on expanding entertainment sector
- 01:54 Burton Albion make record pre-tax profit of more than £1million...
- 01:52 Florida school shooting: Armed officer 'did not confront killer'
- 01:37 ‘Labor thinks you’re stupid’: pokies lobby fights hard in Tasmanian...
- 01:32 Ant and Dec ‘wreak havoc’ on Amanda Holden’s set for EPIC Saturday...
- 01:30 Ireland boss Joe Schmidt wary of inexperienced side being 'spooked'...
- 01:26 What is the ‘meet me at McDonald’s’ haircut?
- 01:16 World War 3: China and India 'gearing up MILITARY' in terrifying...
- 01:08 Britain and Europe must ban palm oil in biofuel to save forests, EU...