Residents say Derby street where rape allegedly happened is safe
Residents have defended an area of Normanton where a rape has allegedly taken place - and where there have been two other serious crimes in the last two years.
They said Harriet Street was not a dangerous area, with one describing it as a "peaceful place".
Police said they had stepped up patrols following the alleged rape of a woman on Saturday night. A man is helping them with their inquiries.
In February, 27-year-old Lee Mitchell was found dead in the exact spot where the rape is alleged to have happened.
And, in January 2015, a man was stabbed at the junction of Harriet Street... read more
- 10:15 Liam Hunt: Seventh person charged after teen death
- 10:15 Give excess Army rations to homeless, says Frank Field MP
- 10:14 Nearly 100 women show up for firefighting taster day
- 10:14 7 Leicester Comedy Festival shows on tonight
- 10:13 Grantham Journal letter: One complaint ULHT? Very funny
- 10:13 Grantham Journal column: We will not accept downgrade of services...
- 10:13 Arsenal lining up transfer move for Manchester City starlet...
- 10:13 Marcus Rashford will be as good as Antoine Griezmann, insists...
- 10:13 Mino Raiola reveals hilarious reason why Man Utd star Zlatan...
- 10:12 WATCH: Running Form shows support for Burton's Queen's Hospital...
- 10:10 Badly-prepared walkers warned they're risking lives in Cumbria
- 10:10 Cumbrian-based TV chef's California dream
- 10:10 New weather warning issued for Cumbria as stormy weather continues...
- 10:10 Men who sup more than seven pints of beer a week for several years...
- 10:08 Manny Pacquiao reveals terms agreed with Amir Khan for April 23 fight
- 10:08 Rey Vargas too good for Gavin McDonnell as Mexican takes WBC...
- 10:07 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 10:07 Rab C Nesbitt stars inspired by Still Game to bring show to stage
- 10:07 13 super-cute cooking accessories to up your pancake game
- 10:07 'He's acting like an idiot' Mum of tragic boxer Mike Towell blasts...
- 10:07 In-spire-d way of ‘doing church’
- 10:07 Northumberland Camera Club: Snap to it and join our photo band
- 10:06 This lorry driver's heartfelt letter to people of Derby after being...
- 10:05 Literary and Scientific Society: Inequality and social anxiety
- 10:05 Price of stamps to increase
- 10:03 Arsenal starlet stretchered off after suffering serious looking injury
- 10:03 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 10:02 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 10:00 Driver who speeded along Lincoln's busiest city centre road ordered...
- 10:00 Ask Andy: Should couples have threesomes and how to bat off...