Residents’ plea to stop speeders
Residents are calling for traffic-calming measures to be put in place on a Wigan road to stop drivers speeding.
Vicki Greenall, a resident leading the plea, said she regularly sees people driving at speeds of up to 60 or 70 miles per hour at night along Upholland Road, despite the limit being 30.
There was a petition set up a little while ago because of speeding on the road but the council just came back to us with statistics, saying this is how many accidents there have been and only one person has died Vicki Greenall Her concerns have been heightened since an uninsured driver she suspects... read more
- 10:11 Man rescued but two dogs killed in blaze
- 10:11 London firm to manage historic resort hotel
- 10:11 ECB chief economist warns Brexit impact could turn nasty
- 10:11 Barclays reports surprise capital boost as legal costs loom
- 10:11 British man accused of masterminding German cyber attack
- 10:10 Fourth teenager charged over street shooting
- 10:10 Storm Doris: What is a weather bomb?
- 10:10 Louth councillor slams BNP leaflets as ‘disgusting’
- 10:10 Mablethorpe Seal Sanctuary education room re-opens
- 10:10 Advice issued on protecting yourself and property as Storm Doris...
- 10:09 Chelsea v Swansea: Win a pair of tickets to this Premier League...
- 10:09 Arsene Wenger has been brilliant for Arsenal... but they’ve been...
- 10:09 Motorcyclist dies after crash in Bottesford
- 10:09 Starbucks is bringing fancy Nitro Cold Brew Coffee to their UK stores
- 10:09 1,000,000 people watch home movie recreation of The Moorside
- 10:08 West Ham boss Slaven Bilic makes HUGE claim about star striker Andy...
- 10:08 Man United star set for hefty cash bonus after doing this
- 10:08 ‘Good year’ for BAE Systems
- 10:08 Advice issued on protecting yourself and property as Storm Doris...
- 10:08 Police seize suspected cannabis haul
- 10:08 New regulation proposed for doggy day care businesses
- 10:08 10 things every parent should know about Tax-Free Childcare
- 10:06 Wayne Shaw breaks silence over pie-eating scandal – and blames...
- 10:06 Northumberland school buildings need £2k per pupil to bring them up...
- 10:06 LIVE UPDATES: Storm Doris arrives in Derbyshire
- 10:06 York and Leeds scientists in breakthrough on ‘unlocking’ common...
- 10:06 Celebrate National Toast Day with Burton's own Marmite by creating...
- 10:05 Coun Mair - ‘I’ve been given second chance of life’
- 10:05 Sheffield air raid that killed and injured nearly 50 people to be...
- 10:05 Racy Sheffield set TV show about selling sex toys and sexy...