Residents in ee-awe of Rusty
MEMORIES of donkey rides on Blackpool beach came flooding back for residents at Shawside Nursing Home when a special visitor walked through the doors.
Rusty the donkey trotted all the way from the Donkey Sanctuary in Manchester to spend a few hours with residents at the home in Oldham Road, Shaw.
And he proved the mane attraction for residents who took a trip down memory lane while petting the gentle beast and remembering their own family holidays at popular beach resorts.
Rusty, who loves the company of older people, is one of two donkeys who regularly visits care homes, hospices... read more
- 10:15 VIDEO: Sir Vince Cable urges firms to back £1m Weston Park Cancer...
- 10:15 German consumer morale at highest level since October 2001 heading...
- 10:15 Russia HITS BACK at UK: Fallon is ‘ignorant’ blasts Russia minister...
- 10:15 Nato allies boost spending, but most STILL fall short of 2% target...
- 10:14 Heage apprentice scoops top award
- 10:14 NHS comments after Derbyshire doctor takes her own life
- 10:14 Ehud Olmert: Jailed ex-Israeli PM 'to be released early'
- 10:13 Whitefriars consider fitting sprinklers in all buildings as council...
- 10:13 Burton Albion games with Sheffield United and Cardiff City rescheduled
- 10:12 Guest column: Council cuts are a ‘false economy’
- 10:12 Hartshead Moor set sights on double
- 10:11 Huge blaze at Wigan flats
- 10:11 Heroic cop tells how he fought with London Bridge terrorists armed...
- 10:11 Australia, United States begin their biggest joint military exercise
- 10:11 Archbishop of York joins growing list calling for cross-party...
- 10:11 Cascade of carnations among the 10,000 flowers in Castle Howard’s...
- 10:10 Would you raffle your home for £2 a ticket? Owner of country pile...
- 10:10 £5,000 reward to reunite Normandy veteran with medals lost on M6
- 10:09 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:09 Why Newcastle United striker Adam Armstrong will not be heading to...
- 10:09 Wimbledon: The 10 greatest tantrums in the tennis game’s history
- 10:09 Mail reporter Beth Pridding went to give blood for the first time...
- 10:08 Starbucks customer says coffee made him ‘poop’ 11 times
- 10:08 What you need to know for this weekend's Forest Live concerts at...
- 10:07 Stand up for the ‘Big Comedy Weekend!’
- 10:07 Man arrested for aggressive behaviour on busy Sheffield street
- 10:07 Pair jailed for a combined 44 years over Cramlington murder
- 10:07 Big Brother 2017: Chanelle and Isabelle rub BARE BREASTS on other...
- 10:07 Bargain Hunt coming to British Motor Museum in Gaydon
- 10:07 Elderly couple threatened by masked raiders in Dronfield