Residents 'at risk of malnutrition' at dirty Ellesmere Port care home
Elderly residents were at risk of malnutrition at a failing care home, a shocking report revealed.
The health watchdog blasted Atherton Lodge in Ellesmere Port for being dirty, smelly and under-staffed.
Inspectors also found residents struggled to speak to some care workers because of a language barrier.
And there were not enough baths for the number of people living at the “inadequate” home.
Read More Schoolboy 'strangled in road rage attack'
The 40-bed home has been ordered to make urgent improvements or face legal action from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
In a damning report, the... read more
- 12:48 Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green faces kick controversy AGAIN...
- 12:48 Arsenal were easy to referee, reveals former referee Howard Webb
- 12:47 Manchester United signing Mkhitaryan confused and unhappy at...
- 12:46 Five taken to hospital after double-decker party bus collides with...
- 12:45 Royal Crown Derby ornaments stolen from Littleover house including...
- 12:45 12 photos which show people in Derby dress to impress in autumn
- 12:44 The ultimate pub crawl has been mapped out so let’s get hammered
- 12:43 Thailand presses Google over online royal insults
- 12:41 Bangladesh v England Day Three Debrief: Ben Stokes masterclass puts...
- 12:41 Young DJ has sights set on being next James Corden
- 12:39 Jose Mourinho's time at Chelsea will never be forgotten... but he...
- 12:38 Are Scunthorpe's pharmacies under threat?
- 12:32 Police make arrest after 37-year-old man found in city street with...
- 12:31 Laws to protect The Stray to be substantially changed to hold more...
- 12:31 Photographer spends days on bridges to capture street vendors...
- 12:31 Apple’s long overdue new Macs ‘to launch on October 27
- 12:29 Arsene Wenger mocked in post sent from official Arsenal account
- 12:28 Church set to reopen after £200,000 facelift - just in time for...
- 12:28 Prescription budget should be met despite pressure points
- 12:28 Wife hails blaze tragedy husband 'a hero'
- 12:28 Clark unveils £4m plan to boost number of electric trucks in UK
- 12:28 Cumberbatch hails 'true superheroes' at charity awards
- 12:28 Chemical attacks show 'cruel barbarity' of Assad's rule in Syria,...
- 12:27 £15m boost for cancer charities
- 12:26 Apple’s long overdue new Macs ‘to launch on October 27
- 12:25 Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere has Premier League’s best passing...
- 12:23 King’s Mill bosses step aside after merger delays
- 12:22 Belgian shopping mall evacuated as three gunmen rob jewellery store
- 12:22 Protecting those who protect us...
- 12:21 Wife hails blaze tragedy husband 'a hero'