Residents 'at risk of malnutrition' at dirty Ellesmere Port care home
Elderly residents were at risk of malnutrition at a failing care home, a shocking report revealed.
The health watchdog blasted Atherton Lodge in Ellesmere Port for being dirty, smelly and under-staffed.
Inspectors also found residents struggled to speak to some care workers because of a language barrier.
And there were not enough baths for the number of people living at the “inadequate” home.
Read More Schoolboy 'strangled in road rage attack'
The 40-bed home has been ordered to make urgent improvements or face legal action from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
In a damning report, the... read more
- 06:11 Retirement age for police power station workers to be reviewed
- 06:11 MP calls for services to be brought back to Hartlepool’s hospital
- 06:11 People from Hartlepool in court for charges including theft and...
- 06:11 Hartlepool has one of the highest rates in the North East for...
- 06:09 Karate kids kick off season in style
- 06:09 Playwright aims to tell story of pioneering female footballer
- 06:09 Disabled man’s seat sparks safety row at South Shields flats
- 06:09 South Tyneside has region’s lowest rate of secondary school exclusions
- 06:09 New figures show big increase in cyber sex offences against children
- 06:07 Sunderland manager Chris Coleman praises ‘brilliant’ night at...
- 06:06 Roving night shelter set to launch in Wellingborough soon
- 06:06 Rushden chicken farm plans recommended for refusal
- 06:06 Kettering choir’s fundraising efforts help air ambulance
- 06:06 New bus masterplan aims to keep Leeds on the move
- 06:06 Kettering street ‘riddled’ with flies after waste dumped
- 06:05 Roddy Smith: Bidding to be best – how businesses improve the city...
- 06:05 Ilona Amos: Every time you do the laundry you damage the environment
- 06:04 Kids invited to see lambs being born at National Forest Adventure Farm
- 06:02 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp makes HUGE claim about current Reds...
- 05:57 Mitsutoki Shigeta: 'Baby factory' dad wins paternity rights
- 05:56 YEP says: WE need to change our attitude to bus travel
- 05:56 Chelsea news: Cesc Fabregas leaks major Real Madrid transfer deal...
- 05:50 Birmingham City Council criticised over official traveller camp...
- 05:50 Father forced to pay £600 fine for taking child out of school in...
- 05:48 Chelsea ace Olivier Giroud lashes out at former club Arsenal ahead...
- 05:38 Bitcoin CRASH: Retail investors to ‘bear the brunt’ if...
- 05:35 Real Madrid news: Gareth Bale asks to leave Bernabeu alerting Man...
- 05:34 Ex-Cyclone Gita: Christchurch declares state of emergency
- 05:33 Alba, Walker, Sandro: The 20 best full-backs in European football -...
- 05:33 Michael Carrick reveals where he expects Manchester United to be...