Rescuers find seven survivors of missing Kiribati ferry
Seven survivors from a missing ferry in the Kiribati archipelago have been found floating in the Pacific Ocean.
The MV Butiraoi, with 50 people on board, went missing a week ago.
The New Zealand Defence Force announced it had located a small dinghy while searching the area from the air.
It had airdropped essential supplies and radio equipment to the survivors, it said. The remaining 43 ferry passengers are still missing.
New Zealand and Fiji are among the countries assisting in the search and rescue operation.
Air Commodore Darryn Webb said a P-3K2 Orion aircraft found the 5m (16ft) dinghy... read more
- 18:55 Older Mansfield shoppers are urged to take a seat
- 18:53 Millom businesses take advantage of £88,000 improvement grants
- 18:53 Should we expect Alexander Zverev to end 2018 as world No. 1 ahead...
- 18:52 After Victoria Beckham called a 'sourpuss' by Piers Morgan: Is this...
- 18:52 Dale Winton gets star-studded send off as Supermarket Sweep host...
- 18:52 Lost settlements of Loch Lomond traced by archaeologists
- 18:51 Andrew Tyrie won't take Conservative whip in Lords
- 18:51 Staff at Stapleford Park Hotel are told the business is up for sale
- 18:51 Bypass campaigner targets his 80th birthday as opening date for...
- 18:50 Chinese government 'considering scrapping limits on family size'
- 18:50 Mike Pompeo claims Iran carrying out 'assassination operations' in...
- 18:48 Huge blaze breaks out at South Yorkshire industrial unit
- 18:46 Huge blaze breaks out at South Yorkshire industrial unit
- 18:45 Perthshire nature reserve welcomes first osprey chick of 2018
- 18:44 Neighbours speak of shock and sadness as murder investigation...
- 18:43 Huge blaze breaks out at South Yorkshire industrial unit
- 18:39 Neighbours speak of shock and sadness as murder investigation...
- 18:35 Waterlogged garden and exposed wires in Woodford Halse new build...
- 18:34 Travel: Caribbean cruise Scotland on Sunday Travel - banish the...
- 18:34 Book review: The Neighbourhood, by Mario Vargas Llosa
- 18:34 UK urged to sanction 'top Putin oligarchs' as new powers take effect
- 18:32 Pupils dress up to celebrate the Royal couple
- 18:32 Dancing plastic surgeon who cut woman ‘like Freddie Krueger’ left...
- 18:25 Will VAR improve the World Cup?
- 18:25 Graham Potter interviewed for vacant manager’s position at Swansea...
- 18:25 Dom Bess relaxed and ready to make history for England against...
- 18:23 Trump admits North Korea nuclear summit 'may not work out'
- 18:17 Police Scotland's first hijab-wearing officer targeted by racist...
- 18:14 Barrow AFC's Grant Holt on his temporary switch to wrestling
- 18:14 Pedestrian hurt in Grange collision