Rescue package agreed for crisis-hit Durham
Durham's future as a financially viable first-class club is a major step closer after confirmation that the county council has unanimously agreed to a "rescue package".
Durham agreed a £3.8million bail-out with the England and Wales Cricket Board earlier this month - bringing with it stringent conditions including relegation from Division One of the Specsavers County Championship and a 48-point penalty for the start of next season.
Then, on Wednesday morning, Durham County Council announced in a Tweet that a recommendation has been accepted for a plan to convert £3.74million in... read more
- 19:35 Ireland abortion referendum goes down to the wire
- 19:26 MPs call for pet shop puppy sales ban
- 19:23 Grenfell inquiry opens to emotional testimony from survivors
- 19:23 Russian activity in City of London faces further scrutiny by MPs
- 19:23 Part of M20 to be used as lorry park to counter Brexit jams at Channel
- 19:17 Matlock student competes for Young Horticulturalist of the Year title
- 19:16 Darren Moore's West Brom to do list: The issues the new boss must...
- 19:11 Paris Gourtsoyannis: Why angry UK needed a royal wedding
- 19:11 Paris Gourtsoyannis: Indyref2 may be battle of ‘identitarian’ politics
- 19:10 Author Kate Mosse on returning to writing after a long hiatus
- 19:10 Forget two-week holidays and go for three-day adventures instead
- 19:09 Voters prefer Labor's tax plan, but two-party gap tightens –...
- 19:09 Barack and Michelle Obama to make films for Netflix
- 19:08 Man calls cops after being stalked by pig
- 19:08 Former Emmerdale star Lisa Riley reveals she's engaged to her "soul...
- 19:05 Jim Murphy: can the ‘Irn-Bru’ street fighter save Scottish Labour?
- 19:00 Family's frantic search for Romeo the talking parrot who flew off...
- 18:59 Desire can deliver Champions League dream for Liverpool, says...
- 18:58 Scarborough teenage hammer threat car robbers locked up for 11 years
- 18:57 Doors, backpacks and Ritalin: what Republicans have blamed school...
- 18:56 Northamptonshire golf club captain raises thousands in memory of...
- 18:56 Memorial garden could become games pitch at Northampton primary school
- 18:56 Arsenal confirm Santi Cazorla has left the club
- 18:53 The royal wedding was a display of black culture and I’m here for it
- 18:53 South Yorkshire taxi driver goes on trial accused of sexually...
- 18:53 Can your boss legally read your work e-mails? This is the law
- 18:52 Ruth Davidson calls on PM to oppose push for new independence poll
- 18:52 Real Madrid vs Liverpool: Zinedine Zidane’s planned starting XI...
- 18:50 Blaxton greyhound owner recounts tale of woe over Double Duvet's...
- 18:49 Dolphin stranded on British beach had rubber glove inside its stomach