Republic boss Martin O'Neill: Tough group and we've got a million miles to go
Martin O'Neill was feeling vindicated after seeing the Republic of Ireland drag themselves into a four-way tie at the top of World Cup qualifying Group D with victory over Georgia.
O'Neill has predicted from the off that the group would be attritional with teams taking points from each other, and so it has proved. Austria and Wales drew in Vienna on the same night as Ireland edged past the Georgians 1-0 in Dublin.
"I think what I've said here is standing up," O'Neill said. "I think it's a tough group. Teams will take points from each other.
"Georgia have played two games... read more
- 07:09 Teaching 'weakest aspect' of education in Wales - Estyn
- 07:09 Top execs of Abu Dhabi's Etihad airline group to quit amid strategy...
- 07:08 Chester man's depraved killer must spend the rest of his life...
- 07:08 Tottenham key men reveal all on Man United transfer rumours: This...
- 07:08 Liverpool legend: Jurgen Klopp must make this tactical change at...
- 07:08 Talksport presenter: I heard this Man United transfer will happen
- 07:07 Woman survives chip pan blaze in Sheffield
- 07:07 Virgil van Dijk injury update: Southampton boss admits star man...
- 07:07 South Yorkshire Police search for missing man
- 07:07 Yellow warning for fog in Derby as Met Office cautions driving...
- 07:07 Breaking news: Burst water main on busy Derby road
- 07:05 Campaign to attract more teachers to Northamptonshire
- 07:04 Man United Transfer News: Chelsea to gazump £38m deal, winger...
- 07:02 Why much loved tree could be set for reprieve after all
- 06:58 Live: Breaking news from Liverpool and Merseyside Tuesday January 24
- 06:58 Stan Wawrinka storms into Australian Open semi-finals after fiery...
- 06:57 Edgar House in Chester named Europe's most romantic hotel
- 06:55 Transfer News: Hart to Chelsea, Man Utd deal sanctioned, shock...
- 06:54 Horse riders say they’re dicing with death because of speeding drivers
- 06:54 Union claims South Tyneside schools face £4million-plus funding...
- 06:54 Motorists react with anger to advertising sign
- 06:53 Council planning notices
- 06:53 Woman pulled from house blaze in Northumberland
- 06:53 Tottenham eye international star... his agent was in London for talks
- 06:52 Update: Driver in 'serious condition' in hospital after crash on A50
- 06:50 Liverpool open talks with highly-rated playmaker: Jurgen Klopp's a...
- 06:50 Drink-driver claimed driving instructor told her she could have...
- 06:48 SAP nudges up multi-year outlook after posting in-line 2016 results
- 06:48 Flights cancelled at Heathrow for second day amid fog
- 06:45 Liam Kennedy’s match analysis: Wintery gloom lifted at the Vic as...