Reports Sainsbury's plotted a bid for Mothercare send shares in the troubled childrenswear chain soaring 11%
Shares in Mothercare shot up more than 11 per cent last night after reports emerged that Sainsbury's was considering a swoop on the troubled retailer.
Sainsbury's, which is the second-biggest supermarket in the UK, is said to have been weighing up a bid for the childrenswear chain in recent months.
The reports came as welcome news to investors, who have seen shares plummet 93 per cent since peaking at 295p in July 2015 after two profit warnings earlier this year.
Last night Mothercare's share price was just 19.32p.
A move by Sainsbury's to snap up Mothercare would likely bring a significant... read more
- 16:29 Alcohol-related admissions on rise in Sunderland
- 16:29 Pub car park killer showed ‘no mercy’ during fatal attack on his...
- 16:29 Tributes paid to Norwegian woman who became leading Melton travel...
- 16:29 Murderers shared torture photos of schoolgirls who vanished 18...
- 16:29 UK country duo My Darling Clementine coming to Wirral venue
- 16:28 The pros and cons of privatising the NHS
- 16:28 Battered face of angler knocked out in brutal Tamworth attack by...
- 16:28 Wakefield Council to close creche in move to save cash
- 16:27 Drink-driver to lose his job after crashed into traffic lights
- 16:26 Who is Jeremy Kyle engaged to? What we know about Vicky Burton
- 16:26 From Sowerby Bridge to the Champs-Élysées - The Chiropractor...
- 16:25 Take a look at the refurbished Aldi store in Leamington
- 16:25 Take a look at the Nivea Men Body Shave Range line-up
- 16:25 Pub car park killer showed ‘no mercy’ during fatal attack on his...
- 16:24 Bridget Phillipson MP: Why we should recognise the positive impact...
- 16:23 Volunteers needed to help Sheffield children who are in care
- 16:23 Online tools help parents stalk student children
- 16:22 Pub car park killer showed ‘no mercy’ during fatal attack on his...
- 16:21 Kate Middleton and Prince William settle into home life with new son
- 16:21 Leabrook Road Wednesbury flooded after burst main chaos
- 16:21 Farmers urged to upgrade security after burglaries in Warwickshire
- 16:21 Entire Jubilee Line on London Underground SUSPENDED
- 16:21 Take a look at the refurbished Aldi store in Leamington
- 16:21 The Avengers Infinity War: What happens to Thanos?
- 16:21 Deontay Wilder age, height, record and net worth as he makes $50m...
- 16:21 Tottenham demanding £40m plus Luke Shaw for Manchester United to...
- 16:20 Nacer Chadli's West Brom future amid Napoli rumours - what we know...
- 16:20 Farmers urged to upgrade security after burglaries in Warwickshire
- 16:19 Terminally-ill gran calls for Shona Robison to resign over two-hour...
- 16:19 Another reality: the best VR headsets for the virtual world