Reports of adults at risk rise in past year
New admissions were restricted because of safeguarding issues at eight care homes in Northumberland in the past year.
Three of those affected in 2015/16 were part of a group where there were concerns about leadership and the suspension was enforced by the council. This suspension was still in place as of March 31.
A further two homes had their registration temporarily suspended by the Care Quality Commission due to concerns about the quality and safety of the service.
Meanwhile, the number of Adult Concern Notifications was almost the same last year (4,782) as in 2014/15 (4,795).
However,... read more
- 17:18 Wham! star Andrew Ridgeley slams Channel 5 George Michael documentary
- 17:18 The everyday items you should NEVER buy from a supermarket
- 17:18 Driver alert! Swan 'moving lane to lane' near Barnetby Top
- 17:18 Why vegan mothers are more likely to have children who perform...
- 17:18 Spotted: Ex-Man United ace hospitalises opponent with vicious elbow...
- 17:18 Australia cricket captain labels India star a 'f***ing cheat' after...
- 17:17 FTSE hits one-month low as miners, Babcock slide
- 17:17 Tributes paid as loving Woodville couple die within days of each other
- 17:17 Devastation at district's loss of Royal British Legion hydrotherapy...
- 17:17 What is left when Peru's flood waters recede
- 17:15 Masood mother 'shocked and saddened'
- 17:15 Victim of terrifying sex assault in Glasgow sees off attacker with...
- 17:13 Leeds University Business School helps Yorkshire pupils to master...
- 17:12 Chance The Rapper sat in on kids’ Maths class at school and it was...
- 17:12 Devastation at district's loss of Royal British Legion hydrotherapy...
- 17:11 Ponteland are made to fight for their victory
- 17:11 Further police appeal following robbery in Beaudesert, Henley
- 17:11 'Unsophisticated' burglar caught by tracker belonging to his own mum
- 17:10 Police officer loses appeal against dismissal for misconduct
- 17:10 All change as new £1 coin poised to enter circulation – but...
- 17:10 Funding for new hub to support Bucks businesses
- 17:10 Crimewatch sex attacker jailed for more than five years
- 17:10 Zuma's recall of Gordhan from roadshow risked rating - S.Africa...
- 17:09 Writers group to launch second anthology of work
- 17:09 Slideshow: Whitby youngsters get into the red nose spirit
- 17:08 Gordon Ramsay says he will SAVE The Nightly Show
- 17:08 All change as new £1 coin poised to enter circulation – but...
- 17:08 Katherine Jenkins speaks out over David Beckham OBE scandal
- 17:08 Kettering fashion show for charity
- 17:08 Hip hop brunch, Caro Emerald and other things to do in Birmingham...