Reports of adults at risk rise in past year
New admissions were restricted because of safeguarding issues at eight care homes in Northumberland in the past year.
Three of those affected in 2015/16 were part of a group where there were concerns about leadership and the suspension was enforced by the council. This suspension was still in place as of March 31.
A further two homes had their registration temporarily suspended by the Care Quality Commission due to concerns about the quality and safety of the service.
Meanwhile, the number of Adult Concern Notifications was almost the same last year (4,782) as in 2014/15 (4,795).
However,... read more
- 15:44 Crowdfunder launched by mum who wants son to get cash NOT birthday...
- 15:43 Man accused of killing Leeds teenager 'bragged about the shooting...
- 15:43 Kingdom accused of cashing in on Storm Ophelia
- 15:42 Four British people kidnapped in Nigeria
- 15:42 Oldham Athletic announce Richie Wellens as new manager
- 15:42 Judge blames man for killing his baby
- 15:42 Manchester United player Victor Lindelof will be big hit says...
- 15:41 Shell launches first EV charging stations in the UK
- 15:41 The UK's top sustainable restaurants
- 15:41 Take a look at the amazing images competing for Wildlife...
- 15:41 These are the most Instagrammable food trends from around the world
- 15:40 Sci-fi style wind ‘baffles’ installed at Leeds’ notorious...
- 15:38 Police hunt three men over unprovoked attack on Leeds United fan
- 15:38 Drunk woman kicked police officer
- 15:38 Fleetwood’s Jacinta repair work delayed by weather
- 15:38 Docks dream to move closer
- 15:38 Sick Brits 'travelling to Serbia for sex with dogs at animal...
- 15:38 UPDATE: Police confirm man's injuries following 'disturbance' near...
- 15:38 Hundreds of responses received for Melton bypass consultation
- 15:37 Novak Djokovic reveals what he really thinks about Roger Federer...
- 15:37 Why Lee Burge is still Coventry City's top keeper - despite THAT...
- 15:37 Chelsea vs Roma: Alejandro Moreno makes huge prediction about...
- 15:37 BBC launch hunt for Britain’s Best Cook - have you got what it takes?
- 15:37 Tom Robinson on why he’s glad to be grey and hitting the road again
- 15:37 Corby pupils given driving experience in road safety course
- 15:36 Fire Emblem Warriors review – almost mediocre
- 15:36 La Palma volcano: Will it erupt? Latest threat alert for Tenerife...
- 15:36 Teeth whitening: Why trendy toothpastes could damage teeth
- 15:35 Sci-fi style wind ‘baffles’ installed at Leeds’ notorious...
- 15:35 Jet2.com take title of most punctual airline