Repairs to A17 will see road closed overnight for a week
The A17 is to be closed overnight for a week.
Works will start tomorrow (Thursday) to carry out repairs to the road surface of the A17 northwest of its junction with the A1121.
A bridge joint will also be replaced on Swineshead Bridge, south of the level crossing.
The works are expected to take a week and be completed by Friday, October 21, weather permitting.
Work will be undertaken overnight between 6pm and 7am Monday to Friday and the A17 will be fully closed during these hours, with a signed diversion in place.
The A17 will be open to traffic between 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday and on... read more
- 07:37 Woman injured after HGV and car crash in Mirfield
- 07:37 Ronnie O’Sullivan heats up Shaun Murphy rivalry with UK Snooker...
- 07:36 Real Madrid confident of landing Tottenham star Hugo Lloris based...
- 07:36 Man Utd on red alert as Fulham begin hunt for wonderkid Ryan...
- 07:33 New Pokemon Go Gen 3 region exclusives revealed following Weather...
- 07:32 Snow and ice to hit Monday commute as Britain shivers
- 07:31 Santa’s grotto closes down after Father Christmas is snowed in
- 07:31 How snow and ice in London is affecting tubes, trains, buses and roads
- 07:31 Man Utd news: Danny Murphy aims surprising jibe at Jose Mourinho...
- 07:31 Barcelona news: Man Utd stunned by latest Antoine Griezmann...
- 07:31 Bagging up brilliant marketing
- 07:31 Lancashire County Council award £104m NHS contract to Virgin Care
- 07:31 Leeds bus services face disruption as private hire drivers stage...
- 07:26 Snow and ice to hit Monday commute as Britain shivers
- 07:26 Metro disruption LIVE: Delays of more than 30 minutes due to four...
- 07:26 Lionel Messi demands Barcelona contract talks urgently take place -...
- 07:23 SNOW WATCH: Derbyshire school and road closures
- 07:22 Lane closure on M6 after lorry fire
- 07:22 WANTED: Police search for man in connection with 'assault'
- 07:21 BBC weather: Carol Kirkwood brightens up icy forecast in fitted...
- 07:21 SNOW WATCH: Derbyshire school and road closures
- 07:20 Snow and ice to hit Monday commute as Britain shivers
- 07:20 Dad of Yassar Yaqub challenges IPCC chief to live TV debate
- 07:19 Man caught trying to meet girls for sex after being released early...
- 07:18 The staggering number of Birmingham children at risk in their own...
- 07:18 Scotland ‘key to delivering Labour government’ - Richard Leonard
- 07:17 Hartlepool United weigh up Deverdics’ red card appeal
- 07:17 Pets at Home team paws to help cause
- 07:14 Plans for new restaurant, shop and student flats in Hyson Green...
- 07:13 Metro misery as trains fail due to severe weather