Repairs of historic church textiles focus of workshop
NEEDLES were busy at All Saints Church in Leamington.
A have-a-go embroidery workshop offered people the chance to learn a new skill.
Volunteers from the Leamington Embroiderers’ Guild were on hand to offer expert guidance.
The workshop is part of the Historic Textiles project, which aims to repair, conserve and celebrate the church’s collection of historic textiles – some of which were displayed at the workshop to provide inspiration.
Vicar Christopher Wilson even picked up a needle himself, and also thanked the Embroiderers’
Guild for helping make the event possible.
- 12:22 Missing Chris May case: Body found in Essex murder probe
- 12:20 Cathedral artwork features in public exhibition for first time
- 12:20 Obituary: Dales woman who grew up with no electricity
- 12:20 M&S announce store closures across the country
- 12:20 Middlesbrough release Martin Cranie and Tomas Mejias as retained...
- 12:19 F-35 stealth fighter sees first combat, in Israeli operation
- 12:19 Tibet activist jailed in China over language campaign
- 12:19 Panama says new evidence shows 1994 plane crash 'terrorist' incident
- 12:19 MANCHESTER ARENA ATTACK ONE YEAR ON: How the anniversary is being...
- 12:18 Cheshire set for a beautiful bank holiday weekend
- 12:17 Premier League transfer news: Robert Lewandowski, Anthony Martial,...
- 12:16 Rudy Giuliani won deal for OxyContin maker to continue sales of...
- 12:16 Italy: Giuseppe Conte's academic credentials questioned
- 12:15 Woman found murdered at house in Leeds
- 12:15 Hartlepool youngsters hailed after success at international...
- 12:15 Emergency meeting called amid rising crime concerns on Hartlepool...
- 12:15 Official World Cup song to feature Will Smith, Nicky Jam and Era...
- 12:14 Walshaw pub relaunches with celebrity help
- 12:14 MANCHESTER ARENA ATTACK ONE YEAR ON: How the anniversary is being...
- 12:14 Toulon Tournament: Jason Kerr keen to impress on international stage
- 12:13 Big crowds ‘flock’ to Spa Country Show
- 12:13 Community tracks down Northampton woman's stolen furniture after...
- 12:13 Fire engine is donated to charity
- 12:13 Emotions run high among Melton bus passengers at public debate on...
- 12:11 Watch as South Shields pays anniversary tribute to Chloe and Liam
- 12:11 Miss Teen Whitby Katy, 17, bids for national crown
- 12:11 BREAKING: Four men and a woman in court in connection with Preston...
- 12:11 'We will keep the victim's families in our minds' — Council leader
- 12:10 Arctic walrus spotted in Scotland 'looks healthy'
- 12:10 Chesterfield transfer list one-time Burton Albion 'target' Kristian...