Remains of at least six bodies found at historic Anglesey church
The remains of at least six bodies have been found under the floorboards of a historic church on Anglesey.
The human remains were found as part of a project to restore a world-renowned and rare 14th century stone tomb at St Gredifael’s Church, Penmynydd.
But experts believe that at least another half a dozen bodies are buried there.
The historically important church is home to a 14th Century alabaster tomb chest belonging to Gronw Fychan and his wife Myfanwy, ancestors of the Tudor royal dynasty who had strong links to Anglesey.
The discovery of the bones was made during the replacement of... read more
- 16:43 Many of Birmingham's ethnic minority children are taught in...
- 16:43 Which is better? Aston Martin DB11 vs Bentley Continental GT
- 16:43 Police crime reporting scandal as 170,000 calls to 101 go unanswered
- 16:41 Injured Tamworth policeman is back home
- 16:41 Prolific thief handed lengthy shops ban in Cumbria crackdown
- 16:39 EDF says will work fast to restart reactors after watchdog's...
- 16:39 Passenger buses in Leicester had to be diverted - because of parked...
- 16:36 Hughie Fury reveals February fight date with WBC heavyweight...
- 16:35 Police hunt driver of car who flees crash at Wortley Hotel
- 16:34 Stunning images taken by Lincolnshire Live followers
- 16:32 Supermarket recalls steak over allergy fears
- 16:30 Burnley Council director leaves post
- 16:28 WEATHER WARNING: Severe fog
- 16:27 Leicester woman's AMAZING transformation after losing more than...
- 16:26 Scouts deliver Christmas greetings
- 16:25 FINRA fines Credit Suisse over anti-money laundering policies
- 16:25 Council cautious on Marks and Spencer return to Morecambe
- 16:24 Gambia court frees prominent lawyer, 18 others jailed for protest
- 16:23 Last day to pledge! £84,000 raised so far for world’s first David...
- 16:23 Supermarket recalls steak over allergy fears
- 16:23 Father releases heartbreaking picture of son wiped out...
- 16:22 When Nottingham Forest legend Brian Clough played for Burton Albion...
- 16:22 Crowds flock to Clitheroe Christmas Festival
- 16:21 Supermarket recalls steak over allergy fears
- 16:21 Government urges Supreme Court to overturn Brexit ruling
- 16:21 List of 37 most virulent viruses drawn up
- 16:21 Appeal to reunite owner with Maudes Jewellers gift
- 16:21 Preston-based Lantei Compliance Services expands its team
- 16:20 Carlisle 'cash for crash' mastermind back in the dock - for...
- 16:20 Fiver campaigner seeks Bank of England meeting