Remains of at least six bodies found at historic Anglesey church
The remains of at least six bodies have been found under the floorboards of a historic church on Anglesey.
The human remains were found as part of a project to restore a world-renowned and rare 14th century stone tomb at St Gredifael’s Church, Penmynydd.
But experts believe that at least another half a dozen bodies are buried there.
The historically important church is home to a 14th Century alabaster tomb chest belonging to Gronw Fychan and his wife Myfanwy, ancestors of the Tudor royal dynasty who had strong links to Anglesey.
The discovery of the bones was made during the replacement of... read more
- 07:47 Manchester United transfer odds on top summer signings including...
- 07:46 Generosity of fundraisers enables mum to stand up fully again
- 07:46 Trust chiefs face £290k business rates increase
- 07:46 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 07:44 Link road closed for two hours after lorry fire
- 07:44 Washington braces for massive protests as Trump becomes U.S. president
- 07:43 Manchester United should have signed this Tottenham star - Harry...
- 07:42 Three-vehicle smash closes lane of A19
- 07:42 Do you know this Corby man? He’s wanted on prison recall
- 07:41 Andy Murray beats Sam Querrey in third round of the Australian Open...
- 07:41 Dan Evans vs Bernard Tomic LIVE: Follow the action as Britain's No...
- 07:40 Trump protesters pepper sprayed by police in violent clash ahead...
- 07:39 Memory match: Aston Villa v PNE 1968
- 07:39 PNE midfield ace DJ prepares to face old club
- 07:38 Tributes paid to a war hero who was a ‘true gentleman’
- 07:38 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire
- 07:38 Leicestershire weather: Mostly dry and cold. Frost and fog patches...
- 07:38 Daventry district beats national figures for employment
- 07:37 Five Leeds secondary schools fail to hit pupils’ progress targets
- 07:37 Leeds students combat social stigma in new exhibition
- 07:37 Royal Mail shares dip as letter deliveries continue to fall
- 07:37 Digital training hub opens in Leeds city centre
- 07:37 Video: Let It Shine singer visits Leeds primary school
- 07:37 Child's play gets a significant boost at school thanks to £27k project
- 07:37 Russia sees positive signs in Syria peace process - agencies cite...
- 07:36 Midfield priority for David Moyes as Sunderland chase Brady, Boudebouz
- 07:36 All lanes re-opened after car smash on Southbound M6
- 07:33 China cuts reserve ratios for big five banks temporarily amid cash...
- 07:33 Ebola, war … but just two psychiatrists to deal with a nation's trauma
- 07:32 Vicious punch fractured girlfriend's eye socket leaving her with...