Relief as stand-off ends after unions agree pay deal with CalMac
UNIONS have agreed a pay deal with ferry operators CalMac after talks yesterday.
They ended with a recommendation that members should accept the revised offer.
It follows a stand-off over terms and conditions which threatened to disrupt vital west coast routes.
It comes 10 days after union leaders accused CalMac of “colluding” with SNP ministers to keep workers in the dark.
Yesterday, RMT general secretary Mick Cash said: “The revised pay offer tabled today has been secured through the unity and determination shown by our members and the solid work of our negotiating team.
“RMT’s executive... read more
- 11:00 I'm a grounds worker struggling with work at only 52 - why can't I...
- 11:00 Unpiloted, amphibious cargo drones the size of Boeing 777s could...
- 11:00 A devastating mega tsunami could hit tourists hotspots in Spain and...
- 10:59 Dog who lost ears in fire finds comfort in an earless Hello Kitty toy
- 10:59 Barcelona 'casting' in Paris... Catalan giants will watch France...
- 10:59 Poll reveals the top 10 forwards in Europe - Luis Suarez misses out!
- 10:59 The verdict is in: Ketchup should be stored in the fridge
- 10:58 Move to take down Union flag amid ‘eyesore’ complaints
- 10:58 Gig announcement: KT Tunstall to play South Tyneside Summer Festival
- 10:58 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 10:57 Woodsmith Mine project on schedule
- 10:57 Rise in pupils taking term-time holidays in Doncaster
- 10:56 Bus shelters smashed by vandals in wrecking spree in Sheffield suburb
- 10:56 Rise in pupils taking term-time holidays in Doncaster
- 10:55 Italy one step closer to QUITTING eurozone as Five Star Movement...
- 10:55 Transfer News: Real Madrid make Chelsea decision, Man United star...
- 10:55 Australian government fails to ratify extradition treaty with China
- 10:55 Man Utd crisis: Jose Mourinho could be without SEVEN for West Brom...
- 10:55 Democrats try to block Donald Trump's US Supreme Court nominee Neil...
- 10:55 Amazon to buy Middle East online retailer Souq
- 10:55 Heartbroken pregnant woman to arrange for family pet's destruction
- 10:55 Premier League player opens up on transfer talks with Jose Mourinho
- 10:55 Ilkeston road shut after collision involving a lorry
- 10:55 Nottingham's indoor street food market launch date is announced -...
- 10:55 Nottinghamshire hospital's mail van is stolen
- 10:54 Ivan Perisic joining Liverpool would be 'great' says Dejan Lovren...
- 10:54 Dustin Johnson to rest up for Masters tilt as he pulls out of...
- 10:54 Carlisle girl's dream to go for gold at the Paralympics
- 10:54 Marine who shot Taliban fighter could walk from jail within weeks
- 10:53 Wolseley profit driven by U.S. growth, to change name to Ferguson