Rejuvenated Theo Walcott reaping rewards at Arsenal as he puts Basle to sword at Emirates
Snubbed by England at the European Championship, on the bench for Arsenal at the end of the season as his form once again fizzled out – the 27-year-old sat down, cleared his mind, re-evaluated his career – and got in the gym.
Gunners manager Arsene Wenger – at one point this summer seeming likely to sell the one-time boy wonder of English football – noticed the difference and gave the forward another chance.
He was repaid as a reinvigorated Walcott grabbed three goals in seven games, and last night two more helped Arsenal put one foot in the Champions League knockout stages.
On the back of... read more
- 13:06 Man found dead at Rhyl hotel
- 13:06 Brexit: What is UK offering EU citizens?
- 13:06 Ireland could review cap on bank share sales - finance minister
- 13:06 McDonald's bring back the Big Tasty - but you don't have long to...
- 13:06 Sunderland to Newcastle bus service axed as changes announced to...
- 13:05 Council announces £900,000 blitz on South Kesteven ‘grot spots’
- 13:05 Moretonville Junior Football Club named best in the South of England
- 13:05 Wolston fraudster jailed after fleecing pensioner out of more than...
- 13:04 CCTV image released of man police would like to identify after...
- 13:04 Mayor urges people to get behind Liverpool Commonwealth Games bid
- 13:04 Missing man appeal made by police
- 13:03 Sheffield named 'banter capital of Britain'
- 13:03 Power cut hits over 1,000 Whitehaven properties
- 13:03 LETTER: Brexit - no half way house
- 13:03 Hotpoint urges people with same fridge-freezer model that started...
- 13:03 POLICE UPDATE: 'Suspicious' incident at Biddulph's Woodhouse...
- 13:03 Young woman fights for life after being hit by car near Leeds
- 13:03 Baby panda charms Japan
- 13:03 Policing in West Yorkshire: Why we can’t stop watching the detectives
- 13:03 Drugs police raid Lytham home
- 13:03 WHAT’S ON: Armed Forces Day Blackpool events and offers
- 13:02 ECB's Draghi tells EU leaders expects economy, wages to grow
- 13:02 Sheffield named 'banter capital of Britain'
- 13:02 Online concern over Chinese 'human embroidery' trend
- 13:01 Manchester United clear favourites to sign Chelsea star Nemanja...
- 13:01 Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor tickets have not gone on sale -...
- 13:01 Championship Transfer News: Leeds done deal, Terry to Aston Villa...
- 13:00 Hotpoint fridge-freezer identified as cause of Grenfell Tower fire
- 12:59 Arsene Wenger ready to sell Arsenal star Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to...
- 12:59 Tick helping Rainbows off your bucket list