News from Regional
Two MPs have criticised a judge over a suspended jail term given to a man who attacked his wife with a cricket bat. Mustafa Bashir, 34, also forced bleach into her mouth, but the judge in Manchester said his sentence took into account his wife was not...
Two men have been arrested in connection with a spate of robberies in Rhyl, Dyserth and Kinmel Bay. The men, who were arrested last night, are both local to the area and are currently assisting North Wales Police with their enquiries. Another two men who
A 15-year-old girl was raped near a nature reserve in East Dunbartonshire. The attack took place on Merkland Drive in Kirkintilloch, near Merkland Nature Reserve. Detectives believe the incident took place between 5pm and 10pm on Saturday. Cops are under
Michelle Mone as First Minister of Scotland? The lingerie tycoon has spoken out in favour of taking the top...
Lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone says she is 'tempted' to make a move into Scottish politics and take on the job of first minister. Businesswoman Mone, who made her name as the owner of underwear firm Ultimo, sits in the House of Lords as a Baroness. When o
The number of Isle of Man £1 notes in circulation could increase following the introduction of 12-sided £1 coins in the UK, a minister has said. The new UK coins, designed to reduce forgery, went into circulation earlier. The round pounds will still be a
New security barriers around Windsor Castle have been branded "ugly" by some locals. They were installed overnight to afford extra protection at Wednesday's Changing of the Guard ceremony in the wake of last week's attack in Westminster....
The bells of York Minster will be rung on Easter Sunday, the cathedral has confirmed. It told the BBC a number of volunteers had offered their services to mark one of the most important days in the Christian calendar. The Minster Chapter dismissed its 30
Marine A sentenced to seven years for manslaughter of wounded Taliban fighter in Afghanistan This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version. If you want to receive Bre
The Daily Mail front page picturing Theresa May and Nicola Sturgeon and asking "who won Legs-it" has been condemned as "moronic" sexism. The tabloid was scorned for focussing on the prime minister and first minister's legs during...
The mum of a boxer who collapsed and died while training in Thailand is due to fly out to bring her son’s body home. Jordan Coe had been training for a Muay Thai bout when he collapsed in Thailand on Sunday. It is believed the 20-year-old was wearing a h
Police have begun an investigation after what appeared to be human waste was found in drinks cans delivered to a Coca Cola factory in Northern Ireland. The night shift at the Lisburn factory was disrupted last week when machines became clogged and worker
Emoji flags for Wales, Scotland and England could be available on tablets and smartphones by the summer. Unicode, the authority on computer text and characters, has already approved adding the three flags to the next release of emojis in June. Technology
Where is this Belfast boy now? Photographer Eric Luke sometimes wonders about him. He took this photo in 1977 when he travelled north from Dublin to cover the Queen's Silver Jubilee visit for the Irish Press. There was trouble that culminated in a street
'At least it's in a place where I can hide it' Scotland fan doesn't regret promise to get Coldplay tattoo...
Callum Strang, 22, was disgusted when Gordon Strachan sent on much-maligned striker and Coldplay singer namesake Chris Martin in a last-gasp bid to save Scotland 's World Cup dream. And as he sat fuming in front of the telly, he tweeted: “Chris Martin co
Several armed police officers were in Wrexham last night following what is believed to be a serious incident. One police officer was stood outside a property on Vernon Street in the Rhosddu area of the town. The street was closed off from roughly 9.30pm
- 13:00 Exposed files on Microsoft's document-sharing site
- 12:59 Neymar again calls for Barcelona to sign Liverpool star Philippe...
- 12:59 ‘Overworked’ Dumfries High teacher falsified pupils’ results
- 12:59 Coca-Cola probe launched after human waste found in drinks cans
- 12:58 Is this the best job on the planet? Blogger will be paid £24k to...
- 12:58 Roaming wild in the radiation zone: Endangered species are THRIVING...
- 12:58 And you thought YOU were tired! Hilarious photos capture people...
- 12:58 Attacks on Nigerian students shock India
- 12:57 Is Cheryl planning on swapping music for the lucrative mummy market?
- 12:57 Turkey warns Europe not to meddle in referendum, "mind its own...
- 12:57 EU urges Hungary to ensure migrant holding camps comply with asylum...
- 12:57 Coutinho ready for 'intense' Merseyside derby clash
- 12:57 GBP Latest: Euro fails to gain on pound ahead of Scottish...
- 12:56 Girl suffers fractures and bruising following assault
- 12:56 6 Music Festival reviews: The Shins/Grandaddy and Bonobo/Songhoy Blues
- 12:56 Kenilworth run riot in eight-try Wanderers victory
- 12:55 '239 redundancies at Danwood Lincoln after takeover'
- 12:55 Fundraising boost for Birmingham Big Art Project
- 12:55 99p Stores placed into administration
- 12:55 Major resort road to close from 7pm-6am starting from TONIGHT
- 12:54 The boy who spends his life under blue lights to keep him alive:...
- 12:54 Sir Andy Murray out of Great Britain’s Davis Cup tie with France
- 12:54 MPs criticise bat attack abuse sentence
- 12:54 Was Bake-Off really good for Brexit?
- 12:54 Search for missing mum and 10-week-old baby widens to Cheshire
- 12:54 How pupils at a South Tyneside school are making maths lessons rock
- 12:53 Burgham Trials hit by ground conditions
- 12:51 Arsenal 'need more Alexis Sanchez-type of players', says Sol...
- 12:51 Nottinghamshire captain Chris Read announces his retirement: 'All...
- 12:51 Mesut Ozil's future at Arsenal may depend on Arsene Wenger staying,...