News from Regional West
The parents of a fitness fanatic from Hartshorne have paid tribute to their 38-year-old son who was their 'world'. Anthony Bowen, a stock controller at Rosti, died suddenly at his home in Hartshill Road in Hartshorne on October 3. He lived with his mum,
Children and their parents may be excited to learn that retail giant Toys R Us will be opening a store in Derby's Intu centre. The shop, which will open next to Boots in the former Currys unit by the entrance to Albion Street, will sell a range of childr
PLANS have been drawn up for major improvements to Norton Lindsey Village Hall. A rear and side extension could be bolted onto the 1964 building, increasing the capacity to 120 people and providing better kitchen and toilet facilities. There would also b
Darren O’Callaghan, 51, of Gains Avenue, Bicton Heath, is accused of kidnapping Claire O’Callaghan on July 30 this year and holding her against her will. The defendant is also charged with making threats to kill against the same victim and on the same da
Impress, a regulator backed by the prominent Hacked Off campaigner Max Mosley, is seeking formal backing from the Press Recognition Panel (PRP) - which was set up in the wake of the Leveson Inquiry into press standards. If it succeeds, Culture Secretary
Elgan Varney has denied two counts of raping Keele University student Hannah Stubbs and is due to appear for trial at Stoke Crown Court later. One rape allegation relates to the period from October 1 2014, until December 31 the same year, while the other
Sheen, who famously played Tony Blair in The Queen, warned that the path into acting was being closed for many young people from working class backgrounds. Amid criticism that the profession is increasingly dominated by people who were educated at public
The group, which also owns Premier Inn, said pre-tax profit in the period rose 3.4% to £263.6 million while revenue grew 8.1% to £1.56 billion. Like-for-like sales at Costa continued to bounce back, growing 2.3% in the period, while Premier Inn saw a com
Robert Hacking walked into Betfred in Madeley, Telford, brandishing a large bread knife before telling cashier June Chetwood: “If you don’t give me the money I will stab you”. She was so terrified she raced upstairs, leaving the till open – and Hacking j
'Arsonists are a little like terrorists' - Shropshire farmer blasts those who set £3K of straw ablaze
Adrian Marsh, from Tern Hill, near Market Drayton, has spoken of his anger and frustration following the latest in a long line of similar incidents. It comes after a stack of about 65 tonnes of straw was set on fire off Rosehill Road at about 1.30am on S
0 Comments Addressed to Simon Jones, Shropshire Council’s cabinet member for highways and transport, the online-petition calls for works to Meole Brace Roundabout in Shrewsbury, which are due to start on October 31, to be halted. The petition says the ro
As schools in Burton and South Derbyshire break up for half-term children begin spending more time socialising and gaming online. While the internet is full of exciting things for children to explore there are risks such as cyberbullying or accessing ina
The National Memorial Arboretum is hoping to enter the world record books as it urges visitors to come and sign a giant Christmas card. The centre, in Alrewas, is aiming to achieve a Guinness World Record this Christmas by obtaining the highest number of
A motorcyclist has died after being involved in a collision on an A38 sliproad in Burton. The man was involved in an incident with a Ford Fiesta last night (24/10) at around 7.49pm at the Claymills junction. Members of the public carried out resuscitatio
Former bandmates, pop stars of the 1980s and personalities from across the showbiz spectrum have paid tribute to Pete Burns after the former Dead Or Alive singer died at the age of 57. The singer-songwriter died on Sunday after suffering a cardiac arrest
- 09:32 Scots tennis player Jamie Murray to receive OBE
- 09:32 Cumbria pylon plan sparks energetic debate
- 09:32 Jamie Murray to be awarded OBE for services to tennis and charity
- 09:32 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 09:31 Chelsea star reveals he's held crunch talks with Antonio Conte
- 09:30 Brains get slacker with age, say scientists - and it could cause...
- 09:29 300 seasonal jobs for Bathgate as Royal Mail opens parcel sort...
- 09:28 Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino pays big compliment to Jurgen...
- 09:28 Brains get slacker with age, say scientists - and it could cause...
- 09:28 City centre street closed after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 09:27 Motorcyclist died after crash on A38 slip road, despite public...
- 09:27 Inside Out to take closer look at NHS diabetes epidemic
- 09:26 Google Pixel vs Samsung Galaxy S7: Best Android phone 2016
- 09:25 Bahrain's Investcorp says to buy 3i's debt-management business
- 09:25 Costa Coffee owner Whitbread's first-half profit rises
- 09:25 Netflix CEO gives conditional approval of AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 09:25 Eyewitness describes harrowing moment Dreamworld rapids ride...
- 09:23 Sean Gregan’s Exclusive PNE column
- 09:23 Secret filming reveals problems relinquishing timeshares
- 09:23 Mourinho preparing Manchester United cull in January transfer window
- 09:22 Noisy students warned to keep quiet - or face prosecution
- 09:21 Look who's 102!
- 09:21 Promising judo star Jamie Death, 11, scoops gold at competition
- 09:21 Passer-by who tried in vain to help Aigburth murder victim: 'I...
- 09:21 Walking over hot coals raises £6,000 for Rainbow House
- 09:21 Lonely Planet puts North Wales #4 in 2017 best places to visit
- 09:21 Green-fingered Alan pens book on life in Preston’s parks
- 09:21 That super hot carb-loving Peruvian chef is now doing naked...
- 09:20 Heaton salon owner 'gutted' after thieves steal luxury ghd collection
- 09:20 Chester Miles of Smiles dinner guests entertained by former...