News from Regional West
A thief stole from his colleagues' lockers and bags while they worked so he could 'give his children a good Christmas' - after he had phoned in sick. Jamie Williams, of Aviation Lane, Burton, took items such as mobile phones - which he then sold - cash a
Lawyers defending Kayleigh Woods and Jack Williams made their closing speeches at Warwick Crown Court today. Rachael Brand QC, defending Woods explained to the jury that there was no evidence to back up the Crown’s assertion that Woods had actively parti
Coventry Bees Speedway have been given a 24-hour extension to find a solution which will allow them to race this season. With just hours to go until a crucial deadline today the British Speedway Promoters Association (BPSA), which runs the speedway leagu
There might be a new Land Rover Discovery set to go on sale in the spring – but the existing model is still attracting a steady flow of enthusiastic buyers. And 27 years after the original was launched it’s hardly surprising as the current, fourth genera
A flood-hit lane in South Derbyshire is set to close for a second time while £55,000 worth of major work to lay 90-metres of underground drainage pipes takes place. Occupation Lane, in Woodville, was closed for two weeks in December last year as Leiceste
Two drink-drivers are the latest criminals to be dealt with at Southern Derbyshire Magistrates' Court. Visit the Burton Mail website to keep up-to-date with the latest court stories in the area. Sexual offences A 34-year-old man has admitted not completi
A couple killed a young woman for their “perverted pleasure” and left her in a blood-spattered bathroom with a gaping wound to her neck, a court has heard. After three weeks of evidence, a murder trial in to the death of Stratford woman Bethany Hill cont
A fantastic line-up or rallying and racing legends have joined the 15th anniversary Super Show celebrations of Race Retro - and the Rugby Advertiser has five pairs of tickets to give away. The iternational historic motorsport show returns to Stoneleigh P
The Wolves vice-president and ex-England cricketer died on Wednesday at the age of 77 after a short battle with cancer. A statement from the club tonight said: "A service of thanksgiving for the life of Baroness Rachael Heyhoe Flint will take...
Aston Villa are turning their attentions to Ashley Barnes after Steve Bruce revealed that the club are being priced out of a move for Middlesbrough's Jordan Rhodes. Vila have bid £6million for the former Blackburn Rovers striker but it is understood Boro
With new players arriving at St Andrew’s so frequently this week it’s almost easy to forget Birmingham City actually have a football match to play tomorrow. For the record the opposition is Blackburn Rovers and the match will be played at Ewood Park - a
Birmingham already has a reputation as a place for great street food and now a third new permanent street food venture is being launched in the city this month. No21 Digbeth launches on Friday, January 27 and will offer street food alongside music and ar
A Birmingham businessman is being investigated in connection with an alleged six-figure personalised number plate fraud. Zahid Khan, 30, who owns two luxury city homes, has been arrested and quizzed by police along with a number of other suspects. The en
West Bromwich Albion have today accepted a bid from Stoke for striker Saido Berahino. A relationship that has enjoyed many highs and endured many lows looks as though it has finally run its course. Here's a look back at Berahino's Baggies life. 2004 An 1
A care home for the disabled which helps people in Burton and South Derbyshire has hit out at councils who provide 15-minute home care visits to people in need, amid concerns that the vulnerable are being deprived of 'appropriate and compassionate' care.
- 20:06 Erin Cross's name chanted by Britain's Got Talent audience
- 20:06 Five things you might have missed in North Wales: January 20, 2017
- 20:05 Burton dad stole from Clipper work colleagues to fund Christmas
- 20:04 Give rugby a try at Halifax Ladies RUFC open training session
- 20:04 Eric Lichaj hopes Nottingham Forest fans' protest does not 'get too...
- 20:04 Fans' protest will not affect Nottingham Forest players' focus,...
- 20:02 Arsenal legend Lee Dixon aims dig at Arsene Wenger as Steven...
- 20:01 Coronation Street birth crisis ahead for Leanne Tilsley – after...
- 19:59 Resident Evil 7 Experience LIVE in UK: Review and top survival tips
- 19:59 BETHANY HILL MURDER TRIAL LATEST: No evidence that Woods...
- 19:59 Trump trade strategy starts with quitting Asia pact -White House
- 19:58 Haiti's president-elect hit with money laundering allegation
- 19:56 Mum writes directly to Derby City Council leader Ranjt Banwait...
- 19:56 BREAKING: Major fire at 'former Doncaster Bloodstock Sales'
- 19:56 Melania Trump left red-faced after awkward encounter with Michelle...
- 19:55 The ultimate weekend getaways: 8 European hotspots you can fly to...
- 19:53 Coventry Bees get 24-hour extension to Brandon Stadium speedway...
- 19:52 Granit Xhaka: This is the real reason for my improved Arsenal form
- 19:51 US Army finally selects a new handgun maker after TEN YEAR search...
- 19:51 Nigel Farage hired by Fox News as a political analyst
- 19:51 The 'Hannibal Lecter' effect is a MYTH: Researchers find true...
- 19:50 When is Man City v Tottenham? TV channel, kick-off time, odds and...
- 19:49 South Korea prosecutors summon another Samsung executive
- 19:48 Villagers raise £3,000 in 24 hours for debt-hit Cumbrian club
- 19:48 Gritters cover Cumbria's roads as temperatures set to plummet
- 19:45 Ban for driver who 'had half a spliff' before speeding
- 19:45 Revellers may no longer be able to drink on the streets of Stapleford
- 19:45 Jennifer Aniston is ditching film to head back to TV: ‘That’s where...
- 19:43 'I'll never give up': Scottish baby bank founder vows to carry on...
- 19:43 Trump inauguration: Compare 2017 with 2009