News from Regional North West
Year One pupils at Dane Ghyll Primary School carved ghoulish faces to make jack-o'-lanterns which were showcased ready for the school's annual Halloween disco for infants and juniors which took place on Thursday October 20. Headteacher Caron Reynolds pra
The national Restart a Heart Day training events took place on Tuesday at Ulverston Victoria High School, St Paul's CE Junior School, Barrow, Cartmel Priory School, John Ruskin School, Coniston and The Lakes School, Troutbeck. The North West Ambulance Se
Slow down and make us smile... Primary school pupils, police and community volunteers came together to tackle the issue of speeding in a Fylde village. Pupils from Staining Primary School fashioned their own happy and sad signs to send a clear message to
A Wigan pub is throwing open its grounds on the banks of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal for a week-long Christmas Market. Numerous small chalets - including Santa’s Grotto by admission ticket - will be installed outside The Boathouse in Appley Bridge offe
Two men remain in hospital after a scrambler bike mounted a pavement in Anfield yesterday afternoon. A 24-year-old bike rider suffered a suspected fractured skull after crashing into two men stood at a bus stop on Warbreck Moor near to Aintree Racecourse
A crackdown on burglary has begun in Malpas . The village is the first rural area being targeted by Cheshire Constabulary in the roll-out of Operation Shield, which uses innovative DNA marking techniques to link criminals to their crime scenes. Officers
Nine new homes could be built on the former ambulance station site in Barnoldswick. If approved, alongside two resubmitted applications which have been put to Pendle Council again, it could mean an additional 63 homes built in the West Craven area. Graha
AN electrical fault at BAE Systems in Samlesbury led to two crews being called out. At 5am, Preston fire station were called to reports of smoke coming from a machine at the company’s Samlesbury building causing the alarm to go off. Using a thermal imagi
St Helens South and Whiston MP Marie Rimmer has called for action to ensure children with autism are not left behind in the education system. During a Westminster Hall debate on the subject of Education in Merseyside, Ms Rimmer highlighted evidence from
Riders on two Pleasure Beach coasters will be so close, the section of a new ride has been dubbed the ‘high five’ pass. A full description of the new rollercoaster – so far dubbed ‘Construction 2018’ – has been revealed, explaining how it will loop and c
A Cumbrian youth hostel will be put up for sale after attempts to find someone to lease it failed. Two parties were in the running to lease the Cockermouth building, but one pulled out and Cockermouth town council voted unanimously not to lease it to the
A group of lucky Barnoldswick schoolchildren were treated to a VIP visit when Burnley FC’s star midfielder Jeff Hendrick stopped by. Jeff was dropping in on the pupils at St Joseph’s RC Primary School to present them with certificates and to congratulate
To help patients and medics make the right decisions about care, the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (AMRC) has recorded 40 treatments or tests with this in mind along with the gentle warning that "more doesn't always mean better" as part...
A former tram driver found with a stash of images of youngsters being abused has narrowly avoided an immediate prison term. Paul Edensor, 42, used a series of sickening search terms to find indecent images of boys, Preston Crown Court heard. Edensor hit
NORTH Cumbria's two main hospitals lost the medical records of patients more than 730 times in four years. The NHS trust which runs The Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle and the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven says that 53 patients had procedures d
- 11:36 Syrian refugees found working in factories supplying UK retailers
- 11:35 Are these the worst views in Britain?
- 11:35 South Cumbria youngsters given a lesson in life saving
- 11:35 Green-fingered Barrow youngsters grow pumpkin patch in school garden
- 11:35 11 ‘micro-crimes’ you’ve probably committed
- 11:34 Kelechi Iheanacho calls for 'focus' in order to improve Manchester...
- 11:34 By (St) George! This one's close to home...
- 11:34 Chelsea can win Premier League title, says Pedro
- 11:34 Where are the best places in Leicestershire to enjoy an autumnal walk?
- 11:33 Concern growing for missing Bourne teenager
- 11:32 Tracker allows drivers to check roads have been gritted
- 11:31 Drivers sent message from pupils and police
- 11:31 Heading a ball can cause significant changes in brain function
- 11:31 Five people die after a plane crashes in Malta International Airport
- 11:30 Woman becomes country’s first nursery school teacher with...
- 11:30 CJ de Mooi won’t be extradited to Holland over claims he killed a...
- 11:29 Justin Bieber 'storms off stage' because of fans screaming between...
- 11:29 Stratford up to third as Sutton are sunk
- 11:28 Woman suffers multiple injuries after two-car smash in Trinity...
- 11:28 Dog resembling Dracula from Kenilworth Dogs Trust needs rehoming
- 11:28 Webcams used to attack Reddit and Twitter recalled
- 11:28 Liverpool stars enjoy Frozen-themed family day out following 2-1...
- 11:28 Manchester United aren't putting the yards in and Jesus Navas is...
- 11:28 Premier League title and the seven contenders: Can it be Arsenal or...
- 11:27 Mother-of-four who was bitten by an insect 2 YEARS ago is left...
- 11:27 Pregnant women are more likely to get confused and lost when they...
- 11:27 Justin Bieber 'storms off stage' because of fans screaming between...
- 11:26 Carer of the Year Awards 2016: Send in your nominations for...
- 11:25 Healthcare sector 'prime soft target for cyber criminals'
- 11:25 2015 marks 'new era of climate change reality' as CO2 levels hit...