News from Regional North West
A JUDGE has told a woman who defrauded a charity helping floods victims that: “While other members of the community helped during the floods, you helped yourself.” In sentencing 33-year-old Nicola Moore, at Carlisle Crown Court, he added: “You blubbed in
A Burnley gym has crowned its Movember champion, with one member coming out on top in the establishment's three-hour 'MoRun' session for the Movember Cup. On Monday, Noevember 21st the gym held a three-hour MoRun which saw members challenge themselves to
Donating a present to The Gazette’s Give a Gift appeal could put a smile on somebody’s face during “the worst time of year” to be in hospital. That’s the view of Marian Copping, the community champion at Morrisons, on Squires Gate Lane, one of the appeal
A textile art map of Carlisle that tells the story of the floods - from those that were affected - is going on display at Tullie House Museum. The artwork, commissioned by Rosie Galloway-Smith, shows the impact the floods had on the community. Rosie beca
When Storm Desmond struck on the night of Saturday, December 5, the levels of water entering the River Lune caused devastating impact. Aside from the widespread flooding, the loss of power from the Caton Road substation meant most people in Lancaster, Mo
He normally travels by sleigh – but seven boatloads of Santas took to the waters of a Cumbrian beauty spot to mark the countdown to Christmas. A race – where all the competitors were Father Christmas – was held at Derwentwater at Keswick to celebrate the
Artisan traders are celebrating their craftsmanship with a three-day Christmas fair this weekend in Preston centre. It brings together over 40 designers, makers and vintage sellers from the internationally renowned website Etsy. The marketplace, where pe
A crash involving an elderly pedestrian and a car is causing a Preston road to be blocked. The incident happened at around 5.30pm on Liverpool Road, Longton and force incident manager for Lancashire Poilce, Grant Smith, said it could be closed for some t
A woman was able to get out of her car before it burst into flames on the M6. Northbound traffic was brought to a standstill as fire crews raced to put out the blaze on the hard shoulder just north of the Tickled Trout exit. One lane was closed while eme
A dad accused of murdering his baby son changed his story ‘in a final throw of the dice’ to escape justice, a court heard. Kane Kennedy, 20, told a fellow inmate he had slept in a separate room from seven-month-old Oskar on the night before he died, whil
There was a night of celebration and praise at Whalley's Oakhill School. Pupils, parents, staff and governors gathered for the annual prize giving and special guests included the Deputy Mayor of the Ribble Valley Coun. Richard Bennett and businessman and
Drinks are flowing again in a village pub after it reopened its doors following weeks of closure. The Wheatsheaf Inn at Abbeytown, near Wigton, has welcomed back customers after being taken over by butcher Tony Harrison. Boards had been up over the doors
Four major traffic projects around Preston could help to save the city’s businesses millions of pounds a year. According to a new report, congestion throughout the city forces workers to sit in traffic jams for more than 82 hours a year, potentially cost
On Sunday December 4 at 5pm, crowds are expected to muster at Tudor Square before a reindeer led procession sets off at 5:30pm towards Dalton Castle. The ancient building will be brought to life with mapped images set to be projected on to it as part of
Year Seven to Year 10 pupils at Dowdales School in Dalton have designed Christmas images which will be projected on to the town's 14th century castle before the official switch-on of Dalton's Christmas lights tomorrow. The 48 talented youngsters, who wer
- 15:28 Gourmet Burger Kitchen planning to open in Leicester
- 15:27 David Luiz: My reaction to Chelsea's vital victory over Manchester...
- 15:27 Diego Costa: What I thought of Chelsea beating Manchester City
- 15:27 Bournemouth v Liverpool – TV channel, time, date, odds and...
- 15:27 Man United star slams David Luiz after horror challenge: Chelsea...
- 15:27 Everton v Manchester United – TV channel, time, date, odds and...
- 15:27 Antonio Conte delighted with Chelsea character in win over...
- 15:26 Thai activist arrested for sharing king's profile on Facebook
- 15:20 Stalybridge Celtic v Boston United LIVE - Pilgrims take an early lead
- 15:20 Indonesian police plane with 15 on board goes missing
- 15:19 Manchester City lose their heads during loss to Chelsea as Sergio...
- 15:17 PewDiePie is going to delete his YouTube channel very soon
- 15:15 Skegness police have man in custody accused of burglary
- 15:14 Cristiano Ronaldo tax evasion allegations Q&A: The lowdown on...
- 15:14 Manchester City 1-3 Chelsea - PLAYER RATINGS: Diego Costa inspires...
- 15:14 Swadlincote school gets behind Feed Our Families campaing to help...
- 15:14 MAPPED: How close do YOU live to a nuclear bomb?
- 15:11 Premier League LIVE: Follow Tottenham, Sunderland and Leicester in...
- 15:11 Antonio Conte: What I really think about our win over Manchester City
- 15:10 Rail is on the up, but buses still struggle
- 15:10 Marketing campaign pulls in the visitors
- 15:10 Rail makes a comeback
- 15:10 Here's what the £10.3 million University Quarter revamp will look like
- 15:10 Stoke City: Jack Butland heads for MRI scan after pulling out of...
- 15:07 Doncaster safe haven for Saturday night revellers who have had too...
- 15:07 Gianfranco Zola: My verdict on Chelsea outclassing Manchester City
- 15:07 Film company search for Lothians talent for new Ken Loach film
- 15:06 Pep Guardiola SNUBS Cesc Fabregas handshake after Manchester City...
- 15:06 Joy, disbelief greet President Jammeh's defeat in Gambia vote
- 15:05 A stay-at-home dad took these stunning photos of Nottingham on his...