News from Regional North East
A host of former Newcastle United players and managers have paid tribute to Kath Cassidy after she passed away at the age of 90. Cassidy served tea to players and managers at the club for 49 years before her retirement in 2015. She passed away peacefully
A family have spoken of their horror after their car’s windscreen was smashed by youths throwing a brick as they were travelling at 70mph. Julie Douglas, her partner Craig Johnson and their 22-month-old baby Maisie were travelling northbound on the A1 wh
This is the moment a stunned bird watcher spotted a reckless teenager playing within metres of a cliff edge in South Shields. Lee Harris, from Washington, had his eyes firmly on the sunny skies while out on a walk on Sunday afternoon. But his attention w
A conman who fleeced a lovestruck doctor he met on an online dating site has been told he stands no chance of getting out of jail early after losing an appeal. Christopher Frances Heayns, 35, conned Dr Liz Todd out of her entire savings, leaving her with
The Shepherd brothers will be honoured with the Freedom of the City, it can be revealed. Toon tycoons Freddy and Bruce will be given the highest honour Newcastle can bestow, in recognition of their services to the city. Originally starting in road haulag
A young dad used first-aid skills he learned as an Army reservist to give lifesaving CPR to an elderly neighbour who was trapped under his car. Kyle Twydale and partner Lauren Skilton rushed to the aid of the man after two women raised the alarm outside
Viagra could be made available from pharmacies under plans to scrap the need for a prescription. Men would be able to buy the drug, which is used to treat erectile dysfunction in those aged 18 and over, after a chat with a pharmacist. The proposal is set
If you're looking for a job in the region, BT has today announced plans for dozens of jobs. There are plans to recruit 90 staff in Newcastle as part of a UK-wide recruitment drive by the company aimed at transforming customer service. New roles will be a
The organisation that leads the NHS in the North East and Cumbria has appointed a new medical director. Professor Chris Gray, who has worked in the NHS for 35 years both in the North East and further afield, took up his role at NHS England at the beginni
Vandals who targeted an education centre sparked a series of fires and trashed areas built by dedicated volunteers. Yobs broke into West Boldon Lodge and set fire to trees, burnt out a bug hotel, broke up its ‘hidey-huts’ and music - area used as its pla
Scottish musician KT Tunstall will open this year’s series of South Tyneside Festival Summer Concerts. The Suddenly I See singer will take to the stage in Bents Park on Sunday July, 9 to launch this year’s concert series which will be held over four cons
A grandad has been put behind bars for a raid at a student flat that left one of the occupants too frightened to live there. Anthony Prenelle crept into the shared household in Chester Road, Sunderland, and stole property on August 4 last year. The 57-ye
Dave Jones says Hartlepool United are reaping the benefits of sending Nicky Deverdics out on loan. Jones despatched the midfielder to Dover Athletic for a month in the National League. But the 29-year-old has returned and has been a key figure through Ma
Opponents of controversial plans in an area of Morpeth have spoken of their delight after they were called-in by the Government. This means that Sajid Javid, Secretary of State for the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG), will make the
Have you ever been browsing Facebook only for a surprise video to pop up with the sound blaring? It seems to take forever to close the clip and shut off the sound as you scramble around with your phone or mouse. If you’re using Facebook on the sly at wor
- 18:53 Manchester United star Eric Bailly returns from international break...
- 18:52 West Ham handed injury boost: Star man could return for Arsenal clash
- 18:52 Cumbria engraver does a Sterling job for new pound coin
- 18:51 Watch as your favourite Leicester City Goalkeeper is revealed
- 18:51 The new TV shows coming to Netflix and Amazon Prime in April and...
- 18:50 Could Britain rejoin the EU after Brexit? Yes – and here’s how we’d...
- 18:50 Thug jailed for threatening to use blow torch on young girl
- 18:49 Shoppers' fury as mall bosses charge women 20p to use the loo, but...
- 18:49 Zayn Malik's cousin Arshiya, five, dies after battle with brain tumour
- 18:49 SEC denies second application to list a Bitcoin product
- 18:48 Surf Snowdonia want another 'world first' but will focus on Year of...
- 18:47 Italian bailout candidate Pop Vicenza posts 1.9 billion euro loss
- 18:46 Rising star Adams claims national cross country title
- 18:46 Granny was watching Casualty when New Ferry explosion showered her...
- 18:46 Pakistan says Facebook vows to tackle concerns over blasphemous...
- 18:45 Liverpool star Adam Lallana captured feeling his thigh at half-time...
- 18:45 EROTICA BRITANNIA OR EROICA BRITANNIA: Name of Derbyshire festival...
- 18:44 'The heart and soul of Newcastle United': Ex-players pay tribute to...
- 18:43 Fresh footage emerges of even more people 'having sex' in the street
- 18:43 Builder who rescued dog from a fire 'made a friend for life'
- 18:43 This infamous SELL-OUT Zara coat is back - and now comes with THIS...
- 18:42 Jurgen Klopp ready to smash Liverpool transfer record with huge...
- 18:42 Barcelona want midfielder… but he's admitted Arsenal move is appealing
- 18:42 Grants bolster bid to give 'national treasure' viaduct a new life
- 18:41 Family’s horror after car is hit by youths throwing brick onto busy A1
- 18:41 URGENT APPEAL Concern for missing Notts family
- 18:40 URGENT APPEAL Concern for missing Notts family
- 18:39 Man United transfer update: Midfielder posts message as he heads to...
- 18:39 Man City star Leroy Sane heaps praise on Pep Guardiola ahead of...
- 18:37 If this man sits next to a woman on the Tube call the police