News from Regional North East
Theresa May was accused of “betraying” the North East after revealing plans for a total divorce from the European Union. Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron claimed the “reckless” scheme would put North East exports at risk. It follows Mrs May’s speech th
A woman who was one of only 100 children to survive from 15,000 who were sent to a concentration camp will take part in events in Newcastle to mark the Holocaust. Ela Stein Weissberger will give a lecture titled How Can Life Go On? – the theme for this y
Biker Ryan Lee says he is lucky to be alive after a high-speed crash left him with a broken back in seven places. Ryan suffered life-changing injuries after crashing his motorbike into a wall on the A696 near Otterburn in Northumberland. As well as the d
Rotation is the name of the game whether it’s Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez or managing a team of new recruits on North East nature reserves. Ten Exmoor ponies have arrived at their new home at Durham Wildlife Trust, with another two to follow. The
The DVLA clamped 49 vehicles in Newcastle and Gateshead on one day during a week-long operation targeting car tax evaders. The agency’s wheel-clamping partner has been hitting Tyneside after the DVLA issued a warning to motorists who have not paid their
Hartlepool United have become too reliant on Padraig Amond, according to midfielder Michael Woods. And unless players like himself, and the rest of the Pools midfield step up to the plate and chip in with a few goals, it is Woods’ view that Pools struggl
More Wearsiders are out of work compared to a year ago, despite figures across the region hitting a near high. While the employment rate across the North East stands at 1.2million and joblessness remains at an 11-year low, the latest statistics show 5,62
0 Have your say Charity fund-raisers now have more reason to enter this year’s Kiltwalk with news that Scottish philanthropist Sir Tom Hunter will boost the amounts raised at all four walks. Sir Tom has pledged that for every £100 raised at each of the f
Will it be a shame to see them go or is it an opportunity to better the fortunes of our seafront? People have been having their say on the future of the three Pullman Lodge carriages, which could be set to leave Sunderland for Kent. The former hotel and
A man was attacked by another man inside a house in Newcastle. Police are now appealing for information after the assault at an address in Petherton Court, Kingston Park. The culprit entered a house in the street before attacking the victim and fleeing t
This is the moment a Gateshead drugs kingpin is arrested for his part in a multimillion pound narcotics ring. P&O ferry worker Eddie Tron exploited lax custom checks onboard a £90m luxury North Sea cruise ship to smuggle £23m of cocaine into the...
Two P&O crewmates have been jailed for 16 years for using lax customs checks on a £90m luxury North Sea cruise ship to smuggle £23million of Class A drugs on to the streets of Britain. Gateshead ferry night steward Edward Tron, 51, and P&O...
0 Have your say A Berwickshire pub has been given cause for cheer over the quality of its beer despite only opening for business 18 months ago. The Plough Inn, in Main Street, Leitholm, has been named as 2016’s Borders runner-up for a real ale quality aw
Football fans are hoping to give Bradley Lowery a huge boost when his team takes on West Brom at the weekend. The two clubs meet at The Hawthorns this weekend and West Brom fans are set to show their support for the youngster who has captured the heart o
A coastal rescue team have taken delivery of a new vehicle. Tynemouth Volunteer Life Brigade (TVLB) have a new rescue vehicle following a successful fundraising campaign. The vehicle has been built by Pickup Systems Ltd and features the chassis of a Toyo
- 18:13 Bayern Munich earmark Chelsea target Marco Verratti as replacement...
- 18:12 Ireland reports 'mad cow' case, says no risk to health
- 18:12 Trump to take handful of executive actions on Day One - transition
- 18:11 More than 400 jobs to go at Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank
- 18:11 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:10 Teenager charged after youngster stabbed at Swedish 'no-go zone'...
- 18:10 ‘Robert Mugabe to die on October 17 2017’ Zimbabwean priest...
- 18:10 'Muslims should not wear burka in public’, says Australian Premier...
- 18:10 Rape-proof knickers created in wake of Cologne sex attacks SELL OUT...
- 18:10 Done Deal: Chelsea striker makes switch away from Stamford Bridge
- 18:09 WATCH: Stunning starlings put on a show in Derbyshire
- 18:09 Latest court results from the Ilkeston area
- 18:09 Woman hurt after car crashes into a hedge
- 18:09 Friends of St Cross make dream start to sleep fundraiser
- 18:08 Meet the four-legged new arrivals set to keep North East nature...
- 18:08 Dad who broke his back in seven places after horror motorbike crash...
- 18:08 Holocaust to be marked with a series of events across the North East
- 18:08 Theresa May accused of betraying the North East over total Brexit plan
- 18:08 Global temperature hits record high for third year in a row
- 18:07 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:07 Wall St. flat as tech gains counter weakness in retailers
- 18:06 Shell bolsters offshore wind interests with bid in U.S. tender
- 18:05 Jobs go as Huddersfield sandwich company folds
- 18:05 You can now attend a fitness class where humans have to exercise...
- 18:05 Gabon 1-1 Burkina Faso: Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang hits penalty to...
- 18:05 Patrick Bamford seals return to Middlesbrough as Chelsea make £8.5m...
- 18:05 FIA give approval for sale for Formula One to Liberty Media as...
- 18:05 Plymouth v Liverpool FA Cup LIVE: Plus Newcastle v Birmingham and...
- 18:04 Hedderman happy to win ugly against Enville
- 18:04 James Haskell likely to make first Wasps start since May in Zebre