Reddit admits hosting Russian propaganda
Reddit has become the latest social-media platform to admit that Russian propaganda was used on its site during the 2016 US presidential election.
It follows leaks from news site The Daily Beast showing a Russian troll farm active on the website.
Co-founder Steve Huffman said that it had removed "a few hundred accounts" suspected of being of Russian origin.
In a blogpost, he said "indirect propaganda", which was more complex to spot and stop, was the biggest issue.
"For example, the Twitter account @TEN_GOP is now known to be run by a Russian agent. Its tweets were... read more
- 00:23 F1 2018 game: what’s new and when it’s out
- 00:22 BREAKING: Israel and Palestine exchange FURIOUS rocket fire as...
- 00:21 Matt Hancock: schools across the UK should ban mobile phones
- 00:20 86-year-old 'King of the Road' lands pot-hole payout, wins...
- 00:20 The Yorkshire Post says: Chris Grayling survives again. Another...
- 00:17 Sudoku 4091 medium
- 00:17 Salvini’s ‘Roma register’ marks a dangerous step towards fascism
- 00:16 Up in smoke: Is the vape shop boom about to end?
- 00:15 UK urged to make 'traffic light' food labelling mandatory
- 00:13 Commons set for Brexit vote showdown
- 00:10 New British army chief urges shift towards tech-driven warfare
- 00:09 The Yorkshire Post says: Cannabis case. William Hague highlights...
- 00:08 Which? calls on government to fix food labelling 'chaos'
- 00:06 Rural residents hang up on mobile banking, regulator finds
- 00:06 UK urged to make 'traffic light' food labelling mandatory
- 00:06 Sampdoria president appears to confirm Lucas Torreira’s move...
- 23:51 JCB X Series excavator 'best machine they've ever made'
- 23:46 Urgent appeal for missing woman last seen close to Anfield Cemetery
- 23:41 Trump drives Australian trust in US to all-time low
- 23:35 General Electric drops out of Dow index
- 23:34 Maurizio Sarri tells friends he wants to sign Dries Mertens...
- 23:27 Chester FC joint-boss Anthony Johnson on £1million donation and how...
- 23:13 Guardian's Amelia Gentleman wins prize for Windrush reporting
- 23:10 Harry Kane: ‘The challenge is to be up there with Ronaldo and Messi’
- 23:10 Jack Wilshere confirms Arsenal exit due to ‘reduced playing time’...
- 23:10 Raheem Sterling and supporting cast must find shooting boots
- 23:10 Ascot’s beefed up security measures have desired effect on day one
- 23:10 England’s Mike Brown says abusive fan had no right to accuse him of...
- 23:10 Ruben Loftus-Cheek in line to start for England against Panama
- 23:10 Big business pushes for curbs on class action lawsuits