Red wine gets healthy green light
A glass of vino tinto a day can not only keep the doctor away ... it could help prevent women developing common condition that can stop them having kids.
New research (here soundtracked by UB40's melodic but maudlin Red, Red Wine live) suggests natural compound resveratrol, found in red wine, helps address the hormone imbalance in women with polycystic ovary syndrome, the leading cause of female infertility.
More than 3.5 million British women are estimated to have PCOS, the most common endocrine condition in women of childbearing age and is found in those who produce higher amounts of... read more
- 17:14 Jose Mourinho reacts to Manchester United Europa League draw with...
- 17:14 Lincolnshire pub given the 'all-clear' following rat claims
- 17:14 Boss praises firemen for saving his business from serious fire
- 17:14 Crunch! Watch as police seize and crush uninsured criminal's car
- 17:13 Air Cadets call for new members to join
- 17:12 Olathe shooting: India shocked after national killed in US
- 17:12 Should 'catfishing' be made illegal?
- 17:11 INTERVIEW: John Shuttleworth
- 17:11 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...
- 17:11 How the brush strokes used by Van Gogh and Seurat were pioneered...
- 17:10 Mourinho on Rooney's decision to stay at Manchester United
- 17:10 RGC must continue to learn lessons says coach Phil John
- 17:10 Running advice from a professional: Olympic champion Desiree Henry
- 17:10 Europa League team of the week: Which Manchester United star made...
- 17:10 Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson engage in epic back and forth...
- 17:10 Jurgen Klopp reveals injury to Liverpool star in training: Two...
- 17:10 Andy Hinchcliffe predicts Championship promotion race: These four...
- 17:10 Chelsea plot Serie A raid: Blues keen on Lazio star, £21m fee...
- 17:09 Penrith man admits child porn crimes
- 17:09 Team news, predictions and key battles ahead of Grimsby Town's...
- 17:08 Images released after shop thefts totalling over £2,000
- 17:08 Perfect storm as Wetherby residents object to green belt plans
- 17:08 Campaign to name Harrogate bypass after legendary historic figure
- 17:08 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 17:08 Single white rose tribute to Melton councillor Val Manderson
- 17:07 Manchester City ace: I want to play with this Liverpool star
- 17:07 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...
- 17:07 Antonio Conte puts Chelsea players through their paces with Blues...
- 17:07 Coventry City boss Russell Slade to set Kwame Thomas 'targets'
- 17:06 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...